Skeleton Tree is the sixteenth studio album by Australian rock band Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds. It was released on 9 September 2016 on Bad Seed Ltd. A follow-up to the band's critically acclaimed album Push the Sky Away (2013), Skeleton Tree was recorded over 18 months at Retreat Recording Studios in Brighton, La Frette Studios in La Frette-sur-Seine and Air Studios in London. It was produced by Nick Cave, Warren Ellis and Nick Launay
Album Art. One More Time With Feeling Poster. Now, we come to discover that the moments of agony are likewise permanent With such permanence as time has. We appreciate this better In the agony of others, nearly experienced, Involving ourselves, than in our own. For our own past is covered by the currents of action, But the torment of others remains an experience Unqualified, unworn by subsequent attrition. People change, and smile: but the agony abides. THE DRY SALVAGES (No. 3 of ‘Four Quartets’) .
Skeleton Tree is the 16th album from Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds. Tragedy tinges this record, as towards the end of the recording process, Nick Cave’s 15 year old son died. Most of the songs had already been recorded, but the theme of loss and death runs deep on this record. The accompanying documentary One More Time With Feeling is a more accurate portrayal of Cave’s devastation after the news. The film showcases the final stages of production on the album, and has been met with widespread acclaim.
Complete your Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds collection. Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds. Skeleton Tree (8xFile, FLAC, Album). Bad Seed Ltd. BS009DD. Skeleton Tree (8xFile, MP3, Album, 320). BS009V.
The writing and recording of Skeleton Tree had commenced before the tragic incident, but the album was completed in its aftermath, and its specter hangs over it like a black fog. This is a record that exists in the headspace and guts of someone who’s endured an unspeakable, inconsolable trauma. If you try to listen to Skeleton Tree removed from its somber context, the album feels very much like a natural step from 2013’s Push the Sky Away, whose premium on disquieting, ambient textures and wandering-mind lyricism now seems like less like a momentary detour than the gateway into an intriguing new phase for the Bad Seeds. But where that record rallied for show-stopping epics like Jubilee Street and Higgs Boson Blues, Skeleton Tree’s drones and jitters offer no such moments of release.
Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds’ sixteenth studio album, Skeleton Tree, is out now on vinyl, CD and across all digital platforms. Skeleton Tree began its journey in late 2014 at Retreat Studios, Brighton, with further sessions at La Frette Studios, France in autumn 2015. The album was mixed at AIR Studios, London in early 2016. Classically trained Danish soprano Else Torp provides guest vocals on ‘Distant Sky’.
Lyrics to "Skeleton Tree" song by Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds: Sunday morning, skeleton tree Oh, nothing is for free In the window, a candle Well, maybe you can s. .Sunday morning, skeleton tree Pressed against the sky The jittery TV Glowing white like fire And I called out, I called out Right across the sea I called out, I called out That nothing is for free. And it's alright now And it's alright now And it's alright now. Submit Corrections. Writer(s): WARREN ELLIS, NICHOLAS CAVE.
Skeleton Tree (2016) - download mp3 or listen online. Skeleton Tree (2016) - download the album and listen online. On this page you can listen to the album, get information about the album, see the list of songs and much more. Listen online and stay in a good mood. Org Album: Skeleton Tree (2016).
Tracklist Hide Credits
|2||Rings Of Saturn||3:29|
|3||Girl In Amber||4:51|
|6||I Need You||5:58|
Vocals [Additional Vocals] – Else Torp*
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Bad Seed Ltd.
- Copyright (c) – Bad Seed Ltd.
- Licensed To – Kobalt Label Services
- Published By – Kobalt Music Group Limited
- Recorded At – Retreat Recording Studios
- Recorded At – La Frette Studios
- Overdubbed At – Air Studios
- Mixed At – Air Studios
- Mastered At – Metropolis Mastering
- Distributed By – Self Distribuzione
- Acoustic Guitar, Backing Vocals [BVs] – George Vjestica
- Bass – Martyn Casey*
- Cello – Joe Giddey
- Design – Hingston Studio*
- Drums – Thomas Wydler
- Lyrics By – Nick Cave
- Mastered By – John Davis
- Mixed By – Jake Jackson, Jim Sclavunos, Kevin Paul, Nick Cave, Warren Ellis
- Mixed By [Assisted By] – Arnaud Bequet, Chris Blakey, John Prestage, Jonathan Ratovoarisoa, Nicolas Quéré
- Music By – Nick Cave, Warren Ellis
- Percussion, Vibraphone [Vibes], Bells [Tubular Bells], Backing Vocals [BVs] – Jim Sclavunos
- Photography By – Alwin Kuchler*
- Producer – Nick Cave, Warren Ellis
- Producer [Additional Production By] – Nick Launay
- Recorded By – Kevin Paul, Nick Launay
- Recorded By [Additional Overdubs Recorded By] – Jake Jackson, Kevin Paul
- Synthesizer, Loops, Electric Piano [Wurlitzer], Piano, Baritone Guitar [Baritone Tenor Guitar], Violin, Viola, Drums [Drum Treatments], Loops [Drum Loops], Backing Vocals [BVs] – Warren Ellis
- Viola – Charlotte Glasson
- Violin – Ellie Wyatt
- Vocals, Piano, Electric Piano [Wurlitzer], Synthesizer, Vibraphone [Vibes], Backing Vocals [BVs] – Nick Cave
NotesPublished by Kobalt Music Group Ltd
Recorded at The Retreat by Kevin Paul and at La Frette by Nick Launay.
Additional overdubs recorded at Air. Mixed at Air. Mastered at Metropolis.
℗ & © Bad Seed Ltd 2016
Under exclusive license to Kobalt Label Services
Made in the EU
The scanned number of the barcode also appears on the disc label and back sleeve as a catalog number.
Track durations do not appear on the release, they are measured by a computer.
Comes in a somewhat oversized (13½ x 13½ cm) cardboard sleeve. The CD is put into paper sleeve with credits; no booklet, no lyrics.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Printed (Stickered)): 5 060454 943839
- Barcode (Scanned (Stickered)): 5060454943839
- Label Code: LC 29472
- Matrix / Runout: BS009CD 54865
- Mould SID Code (Variant 1 & 2): IFPI 3721
- Mould SID Code (Variant 3): IFPI 3705
- Mastering SID Code (Variant 1): IFPI LZ58
- Mastering SID Code (Variant 2 & 3): IFPI LZ59
- ASIN: B01GINERYM
|BS009V, 5060454943846||Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds||Skeleton Tree (LP, Album)||Bad Seed Ltd., Bad Seed Ltd.||BS009V, 5060454943846||Europe||2016|
|none||Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds||Skeleton Tree (8xFile, AAC, Album, 256)||Bad Seed Ltd.||none||2016|
|5060454943839||Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds||Skelton Tree (CD-ROM)||Kobalt Music Publishing||5060454943839||Australia||2016|
|BS009V||Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds||Skeleton Tree (8xFile, MP3, Album, 320)||Bad Seed Ltd.||BS009V||Europe||2016|
|BS009CD||Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds||Skeleton Tree (CD, Album, Unofficial)||Bad Seed Ltd.||BS009CD||Russia||2016|