Portamento is the second studio album by American indie pop band The Drums.
The Orchard Music, UMG (от лица компании "Frenchkiss Records"); UBEM, União Brasileira de Compositores, CMRRA, Kobalt Music Publishing, 401K Music Inc (music publishing), UMPI" и другие авторские общества (17). UMG, The Orchard Music (от лица компании "Frenchkiss Records"); UBEM, Kobalt Music Publishing, UMPI" и другие авторские общества (10).
Portamento is the second studio album by The Drums, released on September 2, 2011 on Moshi Moshi Records and Island Records. The album was written and produced by the band’s members Jonathan Pierce, Jacob Graham and Connor Hanwick. Guitar Myles Matheny. Drums Connor Hanwick & Jonny Pierce.
The Drums – Portamento (2011). Posted by NewAlbumReleases. net On September - 3 - 2011. Style: Indie pop. Format: MP3 320Kbps.
Complete your The Drums collection. Portamento (13xFile, AAC, Album, 256 + File, MPEG-4 Video). The Drums (2). Portamento (14xFile, AAC, Album, Dlx, 256 + 2xFile, MPEG-4 Vid).
Listen free to The Drums – Portamento (Book Of Revelation, Days and more). Discover more music, concerts, videos, and pictures with the largest catalogue online at Last. A new version of Last. Overview (current section).
You'd be forgiven for expecting the second album from The Drums to be a religious experience. Portamento's cover art, a childhood snap of singer and lead songwriter Jonathan Pierce, shows the youngster with devilishly bad case of camera red-eye standing in front of some fairly unpleasant green wallpaper as a smiling older woman looks on; a crucifix hangs behind Pierce on the wall, positioned over his head like the Sword of Damocles. I've seen the world and there's no heaven and there's no hell," croons Pierce on that track – in subtlety the lyrics are probably on a par with some of Frank Turner's atheist hollering – but it turns out he's making a move, the sly dog: "And I believe that when we die we die, So let me love you. tonight, let me love you tonight.
Like any good TNT show, the Drums know drama. Two weeks later, lead singer Jonathan Pierce told NME that the band had composed "the best song we've ever written" the day after Kessler's departure. In the leadup to the release of the Drums' second album, Portamento, Pierce has sounded dismissive of the band's general career trajectory, claiming that they don't "have a very long shelf life as a band" and that they came close to breaking up this past June following "a lot of shouting matches. Accordingly, that grim outlook is reflected in their most recent work.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|1||Book Of Revelation|
|3||What You Were
Saxophone – Lee Hanwick
|5||Hard To Love|
|6||I Don't Know How To Love|
|7||Searching For Heaven
Producer – J. Graham*
|8||Please Don't Leave|
|9||If He Likes It Let Him Do It|
|10||I Need A Doctor|
|11||In The Cold|
|12||How It Ended|
- Licensed To – V2 Records International Ltd.
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Island Records
- Copyright (c) – Island Records
- Pressed By – EDC, Germany – 52785273
- Recorded At – Sunset Cottage
- Recorded At – Discoball Jazzfest Studio
- Recorded At – Jacob's Apartment, NYC
- Produced At – Johnny's Apartment, NYC
- Produced At – Sunset Cottage
- Produced At – Discoball Jazzfest Studio
- Produced At – Jacob's Apartment, NYC
- Artwork, Layout – Jacob Graham
- Management – Aimee Phillips, Jazz Summers, Tim Parry
- Management [For] – Big Life Management
- Mixed By – Jacob Graham, Jonny Pierce*
- Photography By [Back Cover] – Rachael Wright
- Photography By [Inside Double Page Photo] – Mathias Mentze
- Producer – C. Hanwick* (tracks: 3, 4, 6, 10), J. Pierce*
- Written-By – C. Hanwick* (tracks: 2 to 4, 6, 10, 11), J. Graham* (tracks: 6, 7, 9), J. Pierce*
NotesTracks 2, 8, 10, 11 produced at Jonny's Apartment, NYC, NY
Tracks 1, 5, 12 recorded and produced at Sunset Cottage, Woodstock, NY
Tracks 3, 6, 9 recorded and produced at Discoball Jazzfest Studio, NYC, NY
Track 7 recorded and produced at Jacob's Apartment
℗ & © 2011 Island Records under exclusive license to V2 International Limited t/a Cooperative Music.
Made in the EU
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Scanned): 602527788364
- Barcode (Printed): 6 02527 78836 4
- Rights Society: BIEM/SDRM
- Label Code: LC01846
- Matrix / Runout: [4x Universal Logo] 06025 277 883-6 01 * 52785273
- Matrix / Runout: MADE IN GERMANY BY EDC A
- Mastering SID Code: IFPI LV26
- Mould SID Code: IFPI 0157
|VVR778838||The Drums||Portamento (LP, Album)||Moshi Moshi Records, Island Records||VVR778838||Europe||2011|
|UICO-1216||The Drums||Portamento (CD, Album)||Moshi Moshi Records, Cooperative Music, Pachinko Records||UICO-1216||Japan||2011|
|2778634||The Drums||Portamento (CD, Album)||Moshi Moshi Records, Island Records||2778634||Europe||2011|
|DRUMSCD9,||The Drums||Portamento (CDr, Album, Promo, Car)||Moshi Moshi Records, Island Records||DRUMSCD9,||Europe||2011|
|FKR051-1||The Drums||Portamento (LP, Album)||Frenchkiss Records, Island Records||FKR051-1||US||2011|