Talk Talk – Hammersmith. Label: Pond Life – PLVP001CD. Published By – Zomba Music Publishing Ltd. Recorded At – Hammersmith Odeon. Mastered At – Country Masters. Designed At – Antar (3). Pressed By – DADC Austria – A0100251180-0101. Distributed By – EFA – EFA CD 10539. Bass, Vocals – Paul Webb.
London 1986 is a live album by the English group Talk Talk, released in Europe by Pond Life Records on compact disc in 1999. It was recorded at the Hammersmith Odeon in London on 8 May 1986 near the end of their European tour to promote their 1986 studio album The Colour of Spring. This show was the band's last in the UK, and the tour would be the band's final live performances, although they went on to release two more studio albums in 1988 and 1991.
Thursday, 4 October 2007. Talk Talk - Hammersmith Odeon (0. 5. Recorded on 8 May 1986 at the Hammersmith Odeon in London, this disc is also known as Talking Colours. This is the original broadcast version. There is another version in circulation which has Tomorrow Started and Renee tagged on to the end, however these tracks are actually from a gig on 11 July 1986 at the same venue. Hollis made a solo album about five or six years ago. It was magnificent.
Talk Talk 2. Dum Dum Girl 3. Lifeâ€™s What You Make It 4. Does Caroline Know (inc. Mirror Man intro.
Talk Talk’s first truly epic exercise in melancholy – although Have You Heard the News? was a decent first draft – Renée integrates touches of Roxy Music’s lush grandeur, the Cure’s glowering angst, Simple Minds’ dreamy elegance and Kate Bush’s ECM experiments. Caught between bitterness and affection, Hollis relays the home-town tale of a girl he cares for being played by some local lothario, but really he is encapsulating the pain of lost innocence and the ebbing of youth. The studio recording was the band’s finest moment to date, but the version included on the live album London 1986, recorded at Hammersmith Odeon on 8 May that year, is the most fully realised iteration of the song, musically and emotionally. Listen to the tracks on this site. How Talk Talk spoke to today's artists. 4. Living in Another World.
Talk Talk-8-It's My Life. Hammersmith Odeon, 7-5-1986. Description : Talk Talk It's my Life. Description : Veronica's Rocknight Ahoy Rotterdam september 1984. Talk talk- IT's my life (live 1986). Description : TALK TALK- IT'S MY LIFE (LIVE 1986). Talk Talk Live Montreux 1986 Complete Concert. Description : This is a legendary concert of the band Talk Talk live @ Montreux 1986. Talk Talk-4-Does Caroline Know? Hammersmith Odeon, 7-5-1986. Description : Talk Talk- It's My Life Live 1986. Description : Talk Talk-1-Talk Talk. Hammersmith Odeon, 7-5-1986
|2||Life Is What You Make It||4:31|
|3||Does Caroline Know?||7:36|
|4||Living In Another World||7:05|
|5||Give It Up||5:55|
|6||It's My Life||6:29|
|7||Such A Shame||9:01|
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Pond Life
- Copyright (c) – Pond Life
- Published By – Island Music Ltd.
- Published By – Zomba Music Publishing Ltd.
- Recorded At – Hammersmith Odeon
- Mastered At – Country Masters
- Designed At – Antar
- Pressed By – DADC Austria – A0100251180-0101
- Distributed By – EFA – EFA CD 10539
- Bass, Vocals – Paul Webb
- Crew – Adrian Wiseman , Glenn Saggers, Hoagie Davies
- Design [Graphic Design] – Cally
- Drums – Lee Harris
- Film Director [Stills From A Film Directed By] – Noel Oliver
- Guitar, Vocals – David Rhodes
- Harmonica – Mark Feltham
- Illustration [Front Cover Illustration] – James Marsh
- Keyboards – Ian Curnow
- Management – Keith Aspden
- Management [Tour Manager] – Barry Mead
- Mastered By – Denis Blackham
- Mixed By – Phill Brown
- Percussion – Danny Cummins*, Phil Reis
- Piano – Rupert Black
- Production Manager – Bill Leabody
- Recorded By [Original Recorded Sound] – Mick McKenna, Tim Friese-Greene
- Technician [Live Sound] – Chris Beale
- Vocals – Mark Hollis
- Written-By – M Hollis*, T Friese-Greene* (tracks: 2, 4 to 6)
Notes℗ 1998 The copyright in this sound recording is owned by Pond Life.
© 1998 Pond Life.
Pond Life is marketed and distributed by The Voiceprint Group of Companies.
Made in the EU.
All songs published by Island Music, except tracks 2, 4, 5 & 6 which were published by Island Music / Zomba Music.
Recorded in concert at Hammersmith Odeon (May 8th 1986).
Graphic design at Antar.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Text): 6 04388 43882 2
- Barcode (Scanned): 604388438822
- Matrix / Runout: A0100251180-0101 11 A2
- Mastering SID Code: IFPI L551
- Mould SID Code: IFPI 94H0
|PLVP001CD||Talk Talk||London 1986 (CD, Album)||Pond Life||PLVP001CD||Europe||1999|