Genesis' second live album and last album with guitarist Steve Hackett. Recorded in Paris in June 1977 except for "The Cinema Show", which was recorded in Paris during their "A Trick Of The Tail" tour in 1976. Seconds Out (2xCass, Album).
Seconds Out is the second live album from the English rock band Genesis, released as a double album in October 1977 on Charisma Records. It is formed of recordings from their four dates at the Palais des Sports in Paris in June 1977 on their Wind & Wuthering Tour. The Cinema Show" was recorded in 1976 at the Pavillon de Paris during their A Trick of the Tail Tour.
Seconds Out is a music live recording by GENESIS (Symphonic Prog/Progressive Rock) released in 1977 on cd, lp, vinyl and/or cassette. Seconds Out (remastered) Atlantic 1994. Genesis, Seconds Out Charisma.
Seconds Out was the second official Genesis live album to be released, with only Genesis Live (1973) before it, which featured their classic line up with Peter Gabriel on vocals. That first live release was very well acclaimed by the critics, and the already gorgeous but short set list was enhanced by a stunning version of 'The Knife' with maestro Phil Collins on drums (who joined Genesis only after their second album Trespass). The double album Seconds Out, released four years later in 1977, is a good mixture of old and (at the time) new, and sounds powerful and energetic
Depending upon your point of view, Genesis in 1976/1977 was either a band ascending toward its peak commercially, or a group crippled by the departure of a key member, and living on artistic borrowed time. In reality, they were sort of both, and fortunately for the members, their commerciality was more important than their artistic street cred, as their burgeoning record sales and huge audiences on tour during that period attested. Seconds Out caught the band straddling both ends of their history, their second concert album and this time out a double LP.
Title: Seconds Out 2LP Gat. Artist: Genesis. This item is a 2x vinyl record album and has been visually graded. Genesis - Seconds Out Double Gatefold Lp Record Album Vinyl - A1 B1 C2 D1. Charisma Records - GE 2001.
Seconds Out, which came out in 1977, was the second live album Genesis released after Genesis Live in 1973. Much had happened in the meantime: The band created Selling England By The Pound and The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway, two studio albums that are highly regarded in the progressive rock scene, before Peter Gabriel announced in the spring of 1975 that he would be leaving. The remaining band members wrote material for another album without having found a new singer yet, which was why drummer Phil Collins finally stepped up to the microphone.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|A2||The Carpet Crawl||5:10|
|A3||Robbery Assault & Battery
Keyboards, Soloist – Phil Collins
|B1||Firth Of Fifth
Drums – Chester*, Phil*
|B2||I Know What I Like||8:34|
|B3||The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway||5:05|
|B4||The Musical Box (Closing Section)
Drums – Chester*, Phil*
Drums [Apocalypse 9/8] – Chester*, Phil*
Drums – Bill BrufordKeyboards, Soloist – Phil*
|D2||Dance On A Volcano||4:22|
Drums – Chester*, Phil*
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Charisma Records Ltd.
- Distributed By – Virgin Records Ltd.
- Record Company – E.G. Records Ltd.
- Art Direction – Frank Sanson
- Drums [Ludwig and Hayman], Percussion – Bill Bruford
- Drums [Pearl], Percussion – Chester Thompson
- Electric Piano [RMI], Organ [Hammond T.], Synthesizer [ARP Pro Soloist], Mellotron [Melotron 400], Twelve-String Guitar, Backing Vocals – Tony Banks
- Guitar [Gibson Les Paul], Twelve-String Guitar [Hokada] – Steve Hackett
- Layout – A&D Design*
- Management – Alex Sim, Brian*, Tony Smith
- Photography By – Armando Gallo, Graham Wood , Robert Ellis
- Producer – David Hentschel, Genesis
- Producer [Assistant] – Neil Ross
- Twelve-String Guitar [Shergold Electric, Alvarez], Bass [Shergold Electric, 8 String Bass], Bass [Moog Taurus Bass Pedals], Backing Vocals – Mike Rutherford
- Voice, Drums [Premier and Gretsch] – Phil Collins
NotesIssued in a semi-glossy gatefold sleeve with illustrated Inner sleeves with credits.
Per run-out IDs, this issue is pressed by EMI, for a similar issue by Phonodisc Ltd., see Seconds Out.
Recorded in Paris 76/77 with the Manor Mobile
Mixed at Trident, London.
All drums by Chester except [Track credits]
Bill Bruford courtesy of E.G. Records Ltd.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (Run-out Side A): GE 2001 A-1U
- Matrix / Runout (Run-out Side B): GE 2001 B-1U
- Matrix / Runout (Run-out Side C): GE 2001 C-2U
- Matrix / Runout (Run-out Side D): GE 2001 D-1U
|GE 2001||Genesis||Seconds Out (2xLP, Album)||Charisma||GE 2001||UK||1977|
|DAR 501||Genesis||Seconds Out (2xLP, Album)||Charisma||DAR 501||1977|
|VJCP-68901-02||Genesis||Seconds Out (2xCD, Album, RE, RM)||Virgin, Charisma||VJCP-68901-02||Japan||2009|
|302 526-420||Genesis||Seconds Out (2xLP, Album, RE)||Virgin, Charisma||302 526-420||Europe||1985|
|GE 2001||Genesis||Seconds Out (2xLP, Album)||Charisma, Virgin||GE 2001||UK||Unknown|