Stan Getz at The Shrine is a live jazz album by American saxophonist Stan Getz, recorded in 1954. It was originally released in 1955 on Norgran Records (which would be absorbed by Verve Records in 1956) as a 2 LP set, then reissued on CD by Verve as MGV 8188-2. This was the first concert recording for Stan Getz.
Stan Getz At The Shrine.
Although they had not played together all that much in 1954 (Brookmeyer had left Getz's band earlier in the year to join the Gerry Mulligan Quartet), the strong musical communication between the two horns during this set is obvious. Eight of the ten selections are from a live concert (with pianist John Williams, bassist Bill Anthony, and drummer Art Mardigan) while the final two numbers (on what was originally a pair of LPs) were cut in the studio the following day with the same personnel except that Frank Isola was on drums
By: Stan Getz (1955, Jazz). More albums from Stan Getz: Moonlight In Vermont by Stan Getz. Groovin’ High by Stan Getz. Stan Getz Volume One by Stan Getz. Hamp And Getz by Stan Getz. View all albums . At The Shrine. By: Stan Getz (1955, Jazz).
Features Song Lyrics for Stan Getz's At the Shrine album. Stan Getz - At the Shrine Album Lyrics. 1. Polka Dots and Moonbeams Lyrics. Stan Getz Lyrics provided by SongLyrics. Do you like this album?
Stan Getz At The Shrine. Released by Universal Music Group Apr 2009 10 Tracks. attr("src", $('. de tp. css('opacity', 1); $('. d t img img'). css('opacity', 1); $(. crollImgdetails img').
|B2||I'll Remember April||7:28|
|C1||Polka Dots And Moonbeams||3:46|
|C3||It Don't Mean A Thing (If It Ain't Got That Swing)||6:13|
|D1||We'll Be Together Again||8:45|
- Recorded At – Shrine Auditorium
- Bass – Bill Anthony
- Cover – David Stone Martin
- Drums – Art Mardigan (tracks: A1 to C3), Frank Isola (tracks: D1, D2)
- Photography By – Phil Stern
- Piano – John Williams
- Producer – Norman Granz
- Tenor Saxophone – Stan Getz
- Valve Trombone – Bob Brookmeyer
Notes2 LPs in box with 10 photos of Stan Getz by Phil Stern in a plastic ring binder: "A pictorial review of Stan Getz".
Side numbers are in auto-coupled order (1,4,2,3)
Tracks A1-C3 Recorded: Concert, Shrine Auditorium, LA, November 8, 1954.
Tracks D1-D2 Recorded: LA, November 9, 1954.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (Stamped runout side A): MGN.1019 2000-2-1
- Matrix / Runout (Stamped runout side B): MGN.1019 2000-2-2
- Matrix / Runout (Stamped runout side C): MGN.1019 2000-2-3
- Matrix / Runout (Stamped runout side D): MGN 2000-2-4 • RE1
- Matrix / Runout (Printed label side A): (11,050)
- Matrix / Runout (Printed label side B): (11,051)
- Matrix / Runout (Printed label side C): (11,052)
- Matrix / Runout (Printed label side D): (11,053)
|B0012558-02||Stan Getz||At The Shrine (CD, Album, RE, RM)||Verve Records||B0012558-02||US||2009|
|MGN 2000-2||Stan Getz||At The Shrine (2xLP, Album, Mono)||Clef Records||MGN 2000-2||South Africa||1955|
|33CX 10001||Stan Getz||At The Shrine (No. 2) (LP, Album, Mono)||Columbia||33CX 10001||UK||1955|
|MG V 8188-2||Stan Getz||At The Shrine (2xLP, Album, Mono)||Verve Records||MG V 8188-2||US||Unknown|
|POCJ-9128||Stan Getz||At The Shrine (CD, Album, Ltd, RE, RM, Pap)||Verve Records||POCJ-9128||Japan||1995|