When I Was Cruel is Elvis Costello's 19th album, recorded in 2001 and 2002 and released in the US by Island Records on 23 April 2002. The album includes the hits "45" and "15 Petals". Their only difference from his previous band, The Attractions (active 1977-87 and 1994–96), was the replacement of bassist Bruce Thomas, with whom Costello had feuded, with Davey Faragher (formerly of Cracker).
Oh, when I was cruel, I could make you so unhappy Lonely cowards followed me like ghouls And you liked me too, when I was cruel Oh, you know you did. But if you should feel anything, a signal from within Go back in your laboratory and try to dial it in And if you should feel anything, a signal from without Abandon your dreams of vengence. So don't protest your innocence The truth is hard to judge Perhaps you have forgetten when I had a grudge. Oh, but I was cruel and I would make you very sorry Lonely cowards followed me like ghouls And you liked me too, when I was cruel Oh, you know you.
and if you don't count the Bacharach collaboration, it's been a full six. years since his last album
Features Song Lyrics for Elvis Costello's When I Was Cruel album. Spooky Girlfriend (recorded live at KFOG radio) Lyrics. Elvis Costello Lyrics provided by SongLyrics.
Популярные треки Elvis Costello. Elvis Costello, The Imposters - Stripping Paper.
Band Name Elvis Costello. Album Name When I Was Cruel. Labels Island Records. Members owning this album0. 2. Spooky Girlfriend. 3. Tears Off Your Own Head. 12. Daddy Can I Turn This ?
Tracklist Hide Credits
Percussion [Handclaps] – Davey Faragher
|3||Tear Off Your Own Head (It's A Doll Revolution)||3:31|
|4||When I Was Cruel No. 2
Vibraphone – Bill Ware
|5||Soul For Hire||3:55|
|12||Daddy Can I Turn This?||3:41|
|13||My Little Blue Window||3:10|
|14||Episode Of Blonde||5:03|
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Island Def Jam Music Group
- Copyright (c) – Island Def Jam Music Group
- Distributed By – Universal Music & Video Distribution, Corp.
- Backing Vocals – Steven Kennedy (tracks: 1, 12, 13)
- Bass – Davey Faragher (tracks: 1 to 3, 7 to 14)
- Horns – Frank Lacy (tracks: 6, 11, 14)
- Percussion – Leo Pearson (tracks: 3, 5, 8, 11, 13), Pete Thomas (tracks: 1, 3, 6 to 14)
- Piano, Organ, Keyboards – Steve Nieve (tracks: 1, 3 to 15)
- Producer – Ciarán Cahill, Elvis Costello, Kieran Lynch, Leo Pearson
- Saxophone [Alto] – Roy Nathanson (tracks: 6, 11, 14)
- Saxophone [Tenor] – Jay Rodriguez (tracks: 6, 11, 14)
- Trombone – Curtis Fowlkes (tracks: 6, 11, 14)
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout: 314 586 7752 02$ D
|586 775-1||Elvis Costello||When I Was Cruel (2xLP, Album)||Island Records||586 775-1||Europe||2002|
|UICY-90057||Elvis Costello||When I Was Cruel (CD, Album, RE)||Island Records||UICY-90057||Japan||2005|
|3145867752||Elvis Costello||When I Was Cruel (CD, Album)||Island Records||3145867752||Canada||2002|
|UICL-1017||Elvis Costello||When I Was Cruel (CD, Album)||Island Records||UICL-1017||Japan||2002|
|ELVADV 1||Elvis Costello||When I Was Cruel (CD, Album, Promo)||Island Records||ELVADV 1||Europe||2002|