Jam Session is a 1944 American musical film starring Ann Miller. Terry Baxter is a dancer from small town Kansas, trying desperately to break into movies after traveling to Hollywood. She does everything from sneaking onto sound stages and disguising herself but she doesn’t have any luck.
On this page you can listen to mp3 music free or download album or mp3 track to your PC, phone or tablet. Release title: Various - The Metropolitan Opera House Jam Session Vol. 2, Jan. 26th 1944. Photo of Various - The Metropolitan Opera House Jam Session Vol. More albums of Various: Accordéons Diatoniques En Bretagne.
Jam Session Jump (12-12-44). Improvisation For The March Of Time (03-27-46). Atlanta Blues (07-17-46). Oh! Lady Be Good (06-14-45). The Way You Look Tonight (07-17-46). I'll Build A Stairrway To Paradise (05-17-45). Sleep Time Gal (07-11-44). album: Complete Jazz Series 1944 - 1945. Reetie Vootie Boogie. Boogie Misterioso (07-24-46). album: Complete Jazz Series 1945 - 1947.
The time was January 1944, and the first bebop band (led by Dizzy Gillespie) had just been hired on 52nd Street. Meanwhile the masters of the old school were assembled at the Metropolitan Opera House, blissfully ignorant of the cataclysmic changes that would transform the jazz world over the next several years
It took me decades to finally view this film and I am glad I kept busy all those years for JAM SESSION is a bit of a miss-fire. The fact that there is no story of consequence is moot point. The reason to see the film is the bands, singers and Ann Miller.
Home Savoy Records Discography - session index, Catalog - album index. Savoy Records Discography: 1931-1944. Connie's Inn Orchestra, Fletcher Henderson And His Orchestra. Savoy SJL 2208 Various Artists - The Changing Face Of Harlem Savoy MG 9030 Various Artists - Jam Session At Savoy Savoy XP 8077 Various Artists - Jam Session, Vol. 1 Savoy 572 Buck Ram - Twilight In Teheran, Swing Street. Johnny Guarnieri Trio. Johnny Guarnieri, piano; Slam Stewart, bass; Sammy Weiss, drums.
|A1||–Roy Eldridge||Roy Meets Horn|
|A2||–Roy Eldridge||Old Rob Roy|
|A3||–Art Tatum||Cocktails For Two|
|A5||–Lester Young||Lester Leaps In|
|A6||–Harry James And His Orchestra||Rose Room|
|B1||–Count Basie's All Stars||Lady Be Good|
|B2||–Count Basie's All Stars||Jammin' On A V Disc|
|B4||–Charlie Shavers||Stompin' At The Savoy|
|B5||–Charlie Shavers||Seven Come Eleven|
|B6||–Charlie Shavers||Rose Room|
- Alto Saxophone – Willie Smith (tracks: A6)
- Bass – Al Hall (tracks: B3, B6), Red Callender (tracks: B1, B2), Slam Stewart (tracks: A3, A4), Trigger Alpert (tracks: A1, A2)
- Clarinet – Ernie Caceres (tracks: A1, A2)
- Drums – Buddy Rich (tracks: B1, B2), Specs Powell (tracks: A1, A2, B3, B6)
- Guitar – Allen Hanlon (tracks: A1, A2), Freddie Green (tracks: B1, B2), Remo Palmieri (tracks: B3, B6), Tiny Grimes (tracks: A3, A4)
- Piano – Arnold Ross (tracks: A6), Art Tatum (tracks: A3, A4), Billy Rowland (tracks: A1, A2), Count Basie (tracks: B1, B2), Teddy Wilson (tracks: B3, B6)
- Tenor Saxophone – Illinois Jacquet (tracks: B1, B2), Lester Young (tracks: A5), Nick Caiazza (tracks: A1, A2)
- Trombone – Juan Tizol (tracks: A6), Mort Bullman (tracks: A2)
- Trumpet – Charlie Shavers (tracks: B3, B6), Harry James (tracks: A6), Roy Eldridge (tracks: A1, A2, B1, B2)
- Vibraphone – Red Norvo (tracks: B3, B6)
NotesPart of Joker's 'History Of Jazz' series.
Specs Powell is misspelled on jacket as Speces Powell.
Roy Eldridge Credited as Roy Elridge.