Composed By – Terry Reid. Drums – James Gadson (tracks: B1, B2), Soko Richardson. Engineer – Al Schmidt (tracks: A1 to A3, B1, B3, B4), Don Gooch (tracks: A4, B4), Mark Harmon (2) (tracks: B1, B2). Engineer – Al Schmidt (tracks: A1 to A3, B1, B3, B4), Don Gooch (tracks: A4), Mark Harmon (2) (tracks: B2). Flute – Tim Weisberg. Harmony Vocals – Graham Nash, Terry Reid. Horn – Blue Mitchell, Clifford Solomon, Fred Wesley. Pedal Steel Guitar – Al Perkins. Pedal Steel Guitar – Ben Keith.
Seed Of Memory (CDr, Album, Ltd, RE, RM, Unofficial). The path he already began walking on with Terry Reid - River in 1973 - another stunning platter for my opinion, defining the essence of Reid with SOM - towards a layed back but funky rocking style, rooted between Southern Rock and West Coast, comes to full bloom on Seed Of Memory as Graham Nash laid hands on production.
Terry Reid moved to California in the mid-'70s, befriending a number of musicians from those parts and broadening his sound in the process. One result was this album, produced by Graham Nash and featuring David Lindley on acoustic and slide guitars. Seed of Memory isn't as heavy as his earlier work, and not remotely the bold, strident virtuoso rock production of his first LP - most of it, apart from the vaguely Led Zeppelin-ish "The Way You Walk," is fairly laid-back by Reid's standards. Ooh Baby" tries for a kind of meld of funk and British blues.
Seed of Memory is the fourth studio album by English vocalist Terry Reid, released in 1973 by ABC Records. It was produced by Graham Nash and written by Terry Reid. It was re-released in 2004. The songs "Brave Awakening", "Seed of Memory" and "To Be Treated Rite" were used in the 2005 film The Devil's Rejects. Additionally, "Faith to Arise" was featured on the soundtrack from the 2003 film Wonderland. All tracks composed by Terry Reid. Faith to Arise" – 4:39. Seed of Memory" – 5:26.
Band Name Terry Reid. Album Name Seed of Memory. Labels MCA Records BGO Records. Members owning this album2. 4. To Be Treated Rite.
Film OST - The Devils rejects (Original soundtrack) Terry Reid - Seed of memory. San Francisco 1976 15 Seed Of Memory. Terry Reid Seed Of Memory (Bottom Line 1976).
Let It Also Sow A Seed Of Memory Marlena In The Cool Satin Sashes Spread Dreams Over The Battle Below Bring Love With A Song As She Passes So His Life Can Stay Immortal To The Country And Let Every Man Aware Of Being Free Mmm, When She Talks Of Times When Wine Is Handed To Me From A Face That Walked Out. Of A Memory.
Terry Reid Seed Of Memory full album 1976. Terry Reid Seed Of Memory full album 1976. The only person whose music makes me tear up more than Neil Young is Terry Reid. It's pure, honest music with so goddamned much emotion, that it just murders me every time. I'd love to hear them play together, even if it tore my soul in half.
|A1||Faith To Arise||4:28|
|A2||Seed Of Memory||5:25|
|A4||To Be Treated Rite||5:52|
|B1||Ooh Baby (Make Me Feel So Young)||4:03|
|B2||The Way You Walk||4:40|
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – ABC Records, Inc.
- Copyright (c) – ABC Records, Inc.
- Published By – Irving Music, Inc.
- Published By – House Of Dreams Music
- Recorded At – Sound Labs, Hollywood
- Recorded At – Rudy Records
- Designed At – R. Twerk & Co.
- Acoustic Guitar – Joel Bernstein (tracks: A4)
- Acoustic Guitar, Slide Guitar, Violin – David Lindley
- Art Direction, Design – Gary Burden
- Balalaika – Al Viola
- Bass – Lee Miles*
- Cello [Celloist] – Jesse Ehrlich
- Composed By – Terry Reid
- Drums – James Gadson (tracks: B1, B2), Soko Richardson
- Engineer – Al Schmidt* (tracks: A1 to A3, B1, B3, B4), Don Gooch (tracks: A4, B4), Mark Harmon (tracks: B1, B2)
- Engineer [Mix Down Engineer] – Al Schmidt* (tracks: A1 to A3, B1, B3, B4), Don Gooch (tracks: A4), Mark Harmon (tracks: B2)
- Flute – Tim Weisberg
- Harmony Vocals [Vocal Harmonies] – Graham Nash, Terry Reid
- Horn [Horn Section] – Blue Mitchell, Clifford Solomon, Fred Wesley
- Pedal Steel Guitar [Additional Pedal Steel] – Al Perkins
- Pedal Steel Guitar [Pedal Steel] – Ben Keith
- Photography By – Tom Kelly Studios*
- Producer – Graham Nash
- Saxophone [Saxophones Solos] – Plas Johnson
NotesPrinted in U.S.A.
Comes with a 4-page LP-sized leaflet (Lyrics & credits).
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (Side A hand-etched): ABCD - 935 - A
- Matrix / Runout (Side B hand-etched): ABCD - 935 - B ④ >
- Rights Society: BMI
|EDCD 425||Terry Reid||Seed Of Memory (CD, Album, RE)||Edsel Records||EDCD 425||UK||1995|
|ABC-7020||Terry Reid||Seed Of Memory (LP, Album)||ABC Records||ABC-7020||Venezuela||1976|
|none||Terry Reid||Seed Of Memory (CDr, Album, Ltd, RE, RM, Unofficial)||Not On Label||none||Europe||Unknown|
|BGOCD619||Terry Reid||Seed Of Memory (CD, Album, RE, Sli)||BGO Records||BGOCD619||UK||2004|
|YX-8054-AB||Terry Reid||Seed Of Memory (LP, Album)||ABC Records||YX-8054-AB||Japan||1976|