All of the songs on All Days Are Nights: Songs For Lulu are performed by Wainwright accompanying himself on piano rather than the lush orchestrations and arrangements that have marked most of his other work. He explained to Billboard magazine: This album is a product of my reaction to the various momentous occasions I was experiencing, whether it was my mother’s health or the opera (Prima Donna) or the Judy (Garland) show or my touring.
All Days Are Nights: Songs for Lulu is the sixth studio album by Canadian-American singer-songwriter Rufus Wainwright, first released in Canada through Decca Records on March 23, 2010. The album was produced by Wainwright (with Pierre Marchand on three tracks), and mixed by Marchand, who produced Wainwright's second album, Poses (2001). All Days Are Nights is Wainwright's first release since the death of his mother, folk singer Kate McGarrigle, who died from cancer in January 2010
Album · 2010 · 13 Songs. In 2010, Wainwright delivered his sixth studio album, the stripped-down All Days Are Nights: Songs for Lulu, a 12-track, ed collection of new material that relied almost solely on the artist's voice and piano. The following year, the musician embarked on his seventh album with the intention of returning to the ornate pop of his early days. The resulting Out of the Game, which was produced by Mark Ronson (Amy Winehouse, Duran Duran), arrived in May 2012
Estilo: Pop Rock del Disco All Days Are Nights: Songs For Lulu del álbum cd de música : 2010 con letras de canciones y videos musicales. Playlist Rufus Wainwright. All Days Are Nights: Songs For Lulu es el segundo álbum de Rufus Wainwright y Who Are You New York el nuevo single del disco. Video Rufus Wainwright. Letras r Rufus Wainwright All Days Are Nights: Songs For Lulu. Canciones Rufus Wainwright.
Artists Rufus Wainwright All Days Are Nights: Songs for Lulu. All Days Are Nights: Songs for Lulu. This album has an average beat per minute of 104 BPM (slowest/fastest tempos: 74/162 BPM). See the BPM profile of this album. Tracklist - All Days Are Nights: Songs for Lulu. 1. Who Are You New York?
Rufus Wainwright seems only fitfully interested in being a pop musician. That's certainly his prerogative, but it's not great for those who love the things he can do with a four-minute tune. He should be lauded for allowing nothing to dictate his artistic choices, with the understanding that such boldness opens him up for criticism when he bites off more than he can chew. Wainwright gets closer than ever to that vanishing point of self-absorption on his latest effort, All Days Are Nights: Songs for Lulu. The only things you hear on the album are Wainwright's voice and his piano, which isn't necessarily a bad thing.
Send "Rufus Wainwright" Ringtones to your Cell. Album: All Days Are Nights: Songs For Lulu. 0. Who Are You New York? 2. Les Feux D'artifice T'appellent. Rufus Wainwright - All Days Are Nights: Songs For Lulu Album Lyrics. Who Are You New York? Lyrics.
|1||Who Are You New York?||3:43|
|2||Sad With What I Have||3:07|
|4||Give Me What I Want And Give It To Me Now!||2:09|
|10||What Would I Ever Do With A Rose?||4:23|
|11||Les Feux D'artifice T'appellent||5:58|
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Decca Label Group
- Copyright (c) – Decca Label Group
- Published By – Put Tit On Music
- Published By – Wb Music Corp.
- Published By – Jardin Cour Musique
- Recorded At – Avatar Studios
- Recorded At – Studio Pierre Marchand
- Recorded At – Sear Sound
- Mastered At – Gateway Mastering
- Made By – EDC, Germany – 52519112
- A&R [Administration] – Amy Maybauer, Evelyn Morgan
- Coordinator [Package] – Tom Arndt
- Coordinator [Production] – Carlos Cicchelli
- Creative Director [Creative Coordination] – Pat Barry
- Design – Julian Peplos
- Engineer – Tom Schick
- Lyrics By – William Shakespeare (tracks: 6, 7, 8)
- Lyrics By [Co-Written] – Bernadette Colomine (tracks: 11)
- Mastered By – Adam Ayan
- Mixed By – Pierre Marchand
- Mixed By [Assisted And Engineered] – Pascal Shefteshy
- Music By – Rufus Wainwright (tracks: 6, 7, 8)
- Other [Douglas Gordon's Assistant] – Martha Aschbacher
- Other [Service Producer] – Caroline Kousidonis
- Photography By – Douglas Gordon
- Photography By [Assistant] – Frederik Pederson, Gary Rough
- Photography By [Producer] – Zeynep Yücal
- Producer – Pierre Marchand (tracks: 4, 10, 11), Rufus Wainwright (tracks: 1 to 9, 12)
- Technician [Montréal Piano] – Daniel Boldoc
- Typography [Handwriting] – Jon Nasbrodt
- Written-By – Rufus Wainwright
NotesRecorded at Avatar Studios (NYC), Pierre's studio (Montréal), and Sear Sound (NYC).
Mastered at Gateway Mastering, Portland, Maine.
℗© 2010 Decca Label Group. A Division of UMG Recordings Inc.
Made in the EU.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (scanned): 602527372471
- Barcode (text): 6 02527 37247 1
- Mastering SID Code (Variant 1 & 2): IFPI LV26
- Mould SID Code (Variant 1): IFPI 0116
- Mould SID Code (Variant 2): IFPI 0112
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 1 & 2): 06025 273 724-7 01 * 52519112
- Matrix / Runout (CD Mould Text, Variant 1 & 2): MADE IN GERMANY BY EDC A
- Rights Society: BIEM/SABAM
- Label Code: LC00699
|B0014140-02||Rufus Wainwright||All Days Are Nights: Songs For Lulu (CD, Album)||Decca||B0014140-02||US||2010|
|UCCU-1268||Rufus Wainwright||All Days Are Nights: Songs For Lulu (CD, Album)||Decca||UCCU-1268||Japan||2010|
|B001414002||Rufus Wainwright||All Days Are Nights: Songs For Lulu (CD, Album)||Decca||B001414002||Canada||2010|
|2737247||Rufus Wainwright||All Days Are Nights: Songs For Lulu (CD, Album)||Decca||2737247||Australia||2010|
|273 724-7||Rufus Wainwright||All Days Are Nights: Songs For Lulu (CD, Album)||Decca||273 724-7||Thailand||2010|