Jennifer Higdon's Violin Concerto is dedicated to Hilary Hahn and is a World Premiere recording. Total time 68:16 Recordings: LIverpool, Philharmonic Hall, 11/2008 (Tchaikovsky), 5/2009 (Higdon).
The concerto won the Pulitzer Prize for music in 2010, and Higdon's colorfully orchestrated music in general has been popular among American orchestras. But the concerto is closely tailored to Hahn's individual style, with its combination of steely flawlessness and delicate lyricism. It's unclear how the Royal Liverpool Philharmonic Orchestra under Vasily Petrenko were chosen for this project, but they keep up well with a difficult new score. Hahn's take on the Tchaikovsky Violin Concert in D major, Op.
Vasily Petrenko, Royal Liverpool Philharmonic Orchestra, Hilary Hahn Tchaikovsky: Violin Concerto In D Major, O. 5, T. 9 - II. Canzonetta (Andante). Hilary Hahn, Royal Liverpool Philharmonic Orchestra, Vasily Petrenko I. Allegro moderato. Hilary Hahn, Royal Liverpool Philharmonic Orchestra, Vasily Petrenko Chaconni. Hilary Hahn, Royal Liverpool Philharmonic Orchestra, Vasily Petrenko 1726. Hilary Hahn, Royal Liverpool Philharmonic Orchestra, Vasily Petrenko Fly Forward.
Album · 2010 · 6 Songs. Tchaikovsky, Higdon: Violin Concertos Hilary Hahn. Listen on Apple Music.
Info for Tchaikovsky, Higdon: Violin Concertos. When I was 16 years old, composer Jennifer Higdon was my imaginative, inspiring professor of twentieth-century music history at the Curtis Institute of Music in Philadelphia. She was also on her way to becoming one of the most-performed composers in America. A few years after graduation I participated in the premiere of Dark Wood, Jennifer’s bassoon quartet, and it went so well that we began talking about working together on a new violin sonata or concerto. But both of us were busy and years passed
Higdon & Tchaikovsky: Violin Concertos. In another original concerto pairing, Grammy award winning violinist, Hilary Hahn, releases the world-premiere recording of Jennifer Higdon’s 2010 Pulitzer Prize winning concerto. Higdon’s masterpiece is stunningly paired with the ever popular, Tchaikovsky Violin Concerto, one of the most popular romantic violin concertos in the repertoire. Hilary Hahn, Royal Liverpool Philharmonic Orchestra, Vasily Petrenko.
Higdon, Tchaikovsky: Violin Concertos: Best 2 songs. Hilary Hahn, Royal Liverpool Philharmonic Orchestra, Vasily Petrenko, Пётр Ильич Чайковский - I. Allegro moderato 19:23. Hilary Hahn, Royal Liverpool Philharmonic Orchestra, Vasily Petrenko, Пётр Ильич Чайковский - III. Allegro vivacissimo 10:31. Album: Higdon, Tchaikovsky: Violin Concertos. Hilary Hahn, Royal Liverpool Philharmonic Orchestra, Vasily Petrenko: best 2 tracks. Alfie Boe, Alfie Boe & John Owen Edwards, Crouch End Festival Chrous, Royal Liverpool Philharmonic Orchestra - You'll Never Walk Alone Onward, 2007 02:53
Tracklist Hide Credits
|Violin Concerto – Dedicated To Hilary Hahn
Composed By – Jennifer Higdon
|3||3. Fly Forward||5:18|
|Violin Concerto In D Major Op. 35
Composed By – Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky
|4||1. Allegro Moderato||19:23|
|5||2. Canzonetta. Andante||6:23|
|6||3. Finale. Allegro Vivacissimo||10:31|
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Hilary Hahn
- Copyright (c) – Hilary Hahn
- Copyright (c) – Peter Miller
- Copyright (c) – Mark McNulty
- Copyright (c) – J.D. Scott
- Copyright (c) – akg-images
- Recorded At – Liverpool Philharmonic Hall
- Recorded By – Meyer Media Mastering
- Mastered At – Meyer Media Mastering
- Manufactured By – Universal Music Classical
- Marketed By – Universal Music Classical
- Conductor – Vasily Petrenko
- Design [Art Design], Layout – Richard Bloom
- Engineer [Recording Engineer] – Andrew Halifax*, Richard King
- Liner Notes – Hilary Hahn, Lynne S. Mazza
- Management [Project Management] – IMG Artists
- Orchestra – Royal Liverpool Philharmonic Orchestra
- Photography By [Hilary Hahn] – Peter Miller
- Photography By [Jennifer Higdon] – J.D. Scott
- Photography By [Vasily Petrenko] – Mark McNulty
- Producer – Andreas K. Meyer
- Recorded By, Mastered By – Meyer Media Mastering LLC
- Supervised By [Technical Supervisor] – Richard Hale, From Abbey Road Studios*
- Violin – Hilary Hahn
NotesManufactured and Marketed by Universal Music Classical.
825 Eighth Avenue, New York, NY 10019.
Liner notes in English
Total time 68:16
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Text): 0 28947 78777 8
- Barcode: 028947787778
- Label Code: LC 0173
- Matrix / Runout: DIDX–474840 1 B01
- Mastering SID Code: IFPI L328
- Mould SID Code: IFPI 5086
- Mould SID Code: IFPI AKNOE
- Rights Society: BIEM / SABAM
- Other (Catalog number suffix): GH
|477 8777, 00289 477 8777||Hilary Hahn, Higdon* / Tchaikovsky* / Royal Liverpool Philharmonic Orchestra, Vasily Petrenko||Hilary Hahn, Higdon* / Tchaikovsky* / Royal Liverpool Philharmonic Orchestra, Vasily Petrenko - Violin Concertos (CD, Album)||Deutsche Grammophon, Deutsche Grammophon||477 8777, 00289 477 8777||Europe||2010|