Raingods With Zippos (CD, Album). Canyon International. Raingods With Zippos (CD, Album). Raingods With Zippos (CD, Album, RM, Dig). Chocolate Frog Records, Snapper Music. Raingods With Zippos (CD, Album, RM, Unofficial).
Raingods with Zippos is a 1999 progressive rock album by ex-Marillion vocalist Fish. It was released on the Roadrunner record label, more well-known for its heavy metal releases. Raingods with Zippos is often hailed as one of Fish's greatest solo achievements along with his 1990 debut Vigil in a Wilderness of Mirrors. It is the first of three Fish albums to be produced by Elliot Ness (not including the "best of" collection Kettle of Fish from 1998, with which Ness was involved)
1999 saw ex-Marillion singer Fish release his Raingods With Zippos set following some protracted legal battles with former labels. Enlisting producer Elliot Ness, Fish also chose to inject some new blood and worked with several new musicians which gives the album a re-energized feel. As always, the writing is literate and expressive, concerning itself with matters of the spirit and the heart. Tumbledown" leads the album off in fine style. What begins as a lovely piano ballad, suddenly becomes a stomping rock track with soaring guitar work from newcomer Steve Wilson.
Fish 1999 Raingods With Zippos 03 Incomplete. Fish 1999 Raingods With Zippos 04 Tilted Cross. Fish 1999 Raingods With Zippos 02 Mission Statement. Fish 1999 Raingods With Zippos 07 Plague Of Ghosts c. Chocolate Frogs. Fish 1999 Raingods With Zippos 07 Plague Of Ghosts b. Digging Deep. Fish 1999 Raingods With Zippos 06 Rites Of Passage.
Raingods With Zippos™. By: Fish (1999, Rock). Vigil In A Wilderness Of Mirrors by Fish. View all albums . Raingods With Zippos™.
Raingods with Zippos seemingly completes the descent: "Tumbledown" has a vague infectiousness, but the light arrangement seems rather silly. Raingod's Dancing" has some impressive power in Fish's vocals, but doesn't go anywhere once you sit up and take notice. Most of the album is either unremarkable, or (as with "Faith Healer") feels disastrously heavy-handed. At this point, it seems clear that Fish's strength was to take the churning miasma of musical talent in Marillion and forge it into an album of coherent melodies with clever lyrics
Tracklist Hide Credits
Backing Vocals – Elisabeth Antwi*Guitar [Intro Guitar] – Bruce WatsonPiano – Mickey SimmondsWritten-By – Dick*, Simmonds*
Acoustic Guitar – Robin BoultBacking Vocals – Nicola King , Tony King Guitar [Electric] – Bruce Watson, Robin Boult, Til PaulmanOrgan, Piano – Tony TurrellWritten By – Astley, ThornWritten-By – Dick*
Acoustic Guitar – Robin BoultArranged By [String Arrangement] – Davey Crichton*, Elliot Ness Harmonium – Tony TurrellLead Vocals [Female Lead Vocals] – Elisabeth TroyMandolin – Bruce WatsonWritten-By – Dick*, Millet*, Antwi*
Backing Vocals – Nicola King Fiddle – Davey Crichton*Guitar – Robin BoultHarmonium, Synthesizer [Synths] – Tony TurrellWritten By – Jackson, Tim JohnsonWritten-By – Dick*
Acoustic Guitar – Phil GrieveArranged By [String Arrangement] – Davey Crichton*, Elliot Ness , Tony TurrellGuitar – Robin BoultKeyboards – Mickey SimmondsStrings, Violin [Solo] – Dave HaswellWritten-By – A. Harvey*, H. McKenna*
|6||Rites Of Passage
Arranged By [String Arrangement] – Davey Crichton*, Elliot Ness Keyboards [Keyboards, Programming And Solo] – Mickey SimmondsWritten-By – Dick*, Simmonds*
|Plague Of Ghosts|
|10||Waving At Stars||3:12|
|12||Wake-up Call (Make It Happen)||3:32|
- Licensed From – Derek William Dick
- Licensed To – The All Blacks B.V.
- Published By – Fishy Music Ltd.
- Published By – I.R.S. Songs Ltd.
- Published By – Rondor Music Publishing Ltd.
- Published By – Frontburner Music
- Published By – Hit & Run Music (Publishing) Ltd.
- Published By – EMI Blackwood Music Inc.
- Published By – Tim Johnson Music
- Published By – Eiger Music
- Published By – Sony Music
- Recorded At – Millennium Recording Studios, Haddington
- Mixed At – Millennium Recording Studios, Haddington
- Glass Mastered At – Universal M & L
- Backing Vocals [Female Backing Vocals] – Nicola King (tracks: 7 to 12)
- Backing Vocals [Male Backing Vocals] – Merlin (tracks: 7 to 12), Tony King (tracks: 7 to 12)
- Bass – Steve Vantsis (tracks: 1, 2, 5 to 12)
- Design [Sleeve Design], Artwork – David Axtell, Mark Wilkinson
- Design Concept – Fishy*
- Double Bass – Steve Vantsis (tracks: 3, 4)
- Drums – Dave Stewart (tracks: 1, 2, 4 to 12)
- Guitar – Steve Wilson* (tracks: 1, 5)
- Guitar [Guitars And Solos] – Steve Wilson* (tracks: 7 to 12)
- Illustration [Cover Album] – Mark Wilkinson
- Keyboards – Tony Turrell (tracks: 1, 5, 7 to 12)
- Lead Vocals – Fish
- Mixed By, Mastered By – Calum Malcolm
- Percussion – Dave Haswell
- Photography By – David Darling
- Photography By [Old Haunts Photograph] – Andy Earle*
- Producer, Engineer – Elliot Ness
- Programmed By – Mark Daghorn (tracks: 7 to 12), Tony Turrell (tracks: 7 to 12)
- Sampler [Samples] – Elliot Ness (tracks: 7 to 12), Tony Turrell (tracks: 7 to 12)
- Strings – Davey Crichton* (tracks: 3, 6 to 12)
- Voice [Spoken French Vocal] – Pierre Michel Meier (tracks: 7 to 12)
- Voice [Spoken Outro Vocal] – Mo Warden (tracks: 7 to 12)
- Written-By – Dick* (tracks: 7 to 12), Daghorn* (tracks: 7 to 12), Turrell* (tracks: 7 to 12)
NotesTracks 7 to 12 have 2 numbers: 7 to 12 as CD-index tracks and I to VI as part numbers.
Recorded and mixed at Millennium Studios summer 98.
Recording © Derek W Dick 1998.
℗ & © Choc Frog 2002
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 6 04388 50352 0
- Matrix / Runout: CFVP013CD 01 5
|RR 8677-2, 8086772RR||Fish||Raingods With Zippos™ (CD, Album)||Roadrunner Records, Roadrunner Records||RR 8677-2, 8086772RR||UK & Europe||1999|
|PROG 0077||Fish||Raingods With Zippos (Cass, Album)||Metal Mind Records||PROG 0077||Poland||1999|
|RR 8677-2||Fish||Raingods With Zippos™ (CD, Album, Unofficial)||Roadrunner Records||RR 8677-2||Europe||Unknown|
|FHC007CD||Fish||Raingods With Zippos (CD, Album, RE + 2xCD + RM, S/Edition, Dig)||Chocolate Frog Records||FHC007CD||UK & Europe||2015|
|6321-1||Fish||Raingods With Zippos™ (CD, Album)||Roadrunner Records||6321-1||Argentina||1999|