Armed and Extremely Dangerous is the debut studio album recorded by the American female vocal trio First Choice, released in 1973 on the Philly Groove label. The album features the title track, which peaked at on the Billboard Hot 100 and on the Hot Soul Singles. Also featured are two other chart singles: "Smarty Pants" and "Newsy Neighbors". Don Renaldo, Albert Barone, Charles Apollonia, Angelo Petrella, Diane Barnett, Romeo Di Stefano, Rudy Malizia, Joe Donofrio, Christine Reeves – violins.
Matrix, Runout (Side A label): 1400 SA. Matrix, Runout (Side B label): 1400 SB.
Complete your First Choice collection. Stan Watson had the rights to First Choice and the next move for First Choice was to break their contract with Stan Watson and join Norman Harris, their first producer in his new Gold Mine label - Distributed by Salsoul. Runnin' Out Of Fools.
Features Song Lyrics for First Choice's Armed and Extremely Dangerous album. First Choice - Armed And Extremely Dangerous Album. Artist: First Choice. Send "First Choice" Ringtones to your Cell. Album: Armed And Extremely Dangerous.
Said he's dangerous, armed and extremely dangerous The day he walked into my life he caught me with my guard down don't let him talk his sweet talk On ya Cause I've hit on the bait that he threw, and I got hooked, don't let it happen to you. Said he's dangerous, armed and extremely dangerous Said he's dangerous, armed and extremely dangerous. The day I came into his charms who would think that he would succeed. Said he's dangerous Oh, hell do it - bleed the life from me Said he's dangerous He don't care for nobody but his self. Look out girls, he might be Walkin the streets right now Said he's dangerous, emely dangerous. Armed And Extremely Dangerous" Track Info. Armed and Extremely Dangerous First Choice.
For First Choice it’s simple, with another, Armed and Extremely Dangerous. This was the lead and gave First Choice their commercial breakthrough. Larry Washington’s congas and bongos, swirling strings and sirens are joined by growling horns. What’s remarkable about First Choice’s debut album Armed and Extremely Dangerous, is that in 1973. each of First Choice were still teenagers. First Choice’s performances on Armed and Extremely Dangerous belies this, showing that a great future lay ahead of the three members of First Choice. That was to be the case, with First Choice becoming one of the most successful of Philly Soul’s female groups. Armed and Extremely Dangerous their debut album, is one of the finest debut albums in the history of Philly Soul and nearly forty years later, is a stonewall, timeless classic
Their second single, "Armed & Extremely Dangerous," was explosive - its tough story line and pulverizing hook should have placed it higher on the charts, but it stalled at number 11 R&B and number 28 pop. A remake of "Love & Happiness" works, but "Smarty Pants" and "Newsy Neighbors" are bubblegum-ish attempts at commercialism that failed to crack the R&B Top 20.
Listen free to First Choice – Armed and Extremely Dangerous (Smarty Pants, Runnin' Out of Fools and more). Discover more music, concerts, videos, and pictures with the largest catalogue online at Last. Connect to this site.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|A2||Runnin' Out Of Fools
Written-By – Kay Rogers, Richard Ahlert
|A3||A Boy Named Junior
Written-By – Chuck Brooks
|A4||Love And Happiness
Backing Band, Arranged By – Prime CutWritten-By – Al Green, M. Hodges*
|A5||Wake Up To Me||3:45|
|B2||Armed And Extremely Dangerous||2:48|
|B3||This Little Woman
Written-By – Carl Fisher Written-By, Arranged By – Bobby Eli
|B4||This Is The House||2:57|
|B5||One Step Away
Written-By – R. Baker*, T. Bell*
- Pressed By – Columbia Records Pressing Plant, Terre Haute
- Distributed By – Amy-Mala-Bell Records Inc.
- Arranged By – Vincent Montana* (tracks: A2 to A3)
- Arranged By, Written-By – Norman Harris (tracks: A1, A5 to B2, B4 to B5)
- Art Direction – Beverly Weinstein
- Bass – James Grant*, Ronnie Baker*
- Bass Trombone – Edward Casceralle*, Fred Linge, Ricci Genovese*
- Congas, Bongos – James Hicks , Larry Washington
- Drums – Earl Young
- Engineer – Don Murray, Jay Mark, Joe Tarsia
- French Horn – Danny Eillions, Joe De Angleis*, Milton Phibbs, Scott Temple
- Guitar – Bobby Eli, Roland Chambers
- Harp – Clinton Nieweg
- Mastered By – Frankford/Wayne Mastering Labs
- Photography By – Joel Brodsky
- Producer – Stan Watson
- Producer, Guitar – Norman Harris
- Saxophone [Alto] – Leno Zachery
- Trombone [Tenor] – Frederich Jainer*
- Trumpet – Robert Hartzell, Rocco Bene
- Viola – Davis Barnett
- Violin – Albert Barone, Charles Apollonia, Christine Reeves, Diana Barnett*, Don Renaldo, Joe Donofrio, Rudy Maliazia*
- Violin, Cello – Romeo Distefano*
- Violin, Viola – Angelo Petrella
- Written-By – Al Felder* (tracks: A1, A5 to B2, B4)
NotesT1 in runout denotes Terre Haute pressing, even though BW appears in the label code (see The Delfonics for similar example).
"A" is printed on rear cover in lower right.
"PRICE CODE 05" appears on spine.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Price Code (On Spine): 05
- Matrix / Runout (Side A, Etched): T1 SA-PG-1400-1
- Matrix / Runout (Side B, Etched): T1 SB-PG-1400-1
- Matrix / Runout (Both Sides, Stamped): MASTERED BY FRANKFORD/WAYNE PHILA.
|PG 1400||First Choice||Armed And Extremely Dangerous (LP, Album)||Philly Groove Records||PG 1400||US||1973|
|2308 071||First Choice||Armed And Extremely Dangerous (LP, Album)||Bell Records||2308 071||Brazil||1973|
|PG 1400||First Choice||Armed And Extremely Dangerous (LP, Album, BW)||Philly Groove Records||PG 1400||US||1973|
|PG 1400||First Choice||Armed And Extremely Dangerous (LP, Album)||Bell Records||PG 1400||Canada||1973|
|PEG MC 130||First Choice||Armed And Extremely Dangerous (Cass)||Pegasus||PEG MC 130||UK||1998|