Body Count is the eponymous debut studio album by American crossover thrash band Body Count, released on March 31, 1992 by Sire Records. The album's material focuses on various social and political issues ranging from police brutality to drug abuse. It also presents a turning point in the career of Ice-T, who co-wrote the album's songs with lead guitarist Ernie C and performed as the band's lead singer.
Body Count Tracklist. 1. Smoked Pork Lyrics. 2. Body Count's In The House Lyrics. 3. Now Sports Lyrics. 4. Body Count Lyrics.
A description of tropes appearing in Body Count (Album). Under pressure it was eventually removed from the album. Body Count's in the House" (3:24). Bowels of the Devil" (3:43).
Lyrics to "Body Count" song by Body Count: You know sometimes I sit at home, you know, and I watch . . Shit would hit the fan, muthafucka and it would hit real hard. I hear it every night, another gunfight, the tension mounts, on with the Body Count. Yo, Beatmaster, take these muthafuckas to South Central. Ha ha. Yeah Fuck that. Last weekend thirty-seven kids killed in gang warfare, in my backyard.
Body Count" is the eponymous debut album of American heavy metal band Body Count. Cop Killer" was originally intended to be the album's title, as evidenced by the tattoo on the original cover. Released in 1992, the album material focuses on various social and political issues ranging from police brutality to drug abuse. The album presents a turning point in the career of Ice T, who co-wrote the album's songs with lead guitarist Ernie C and performed as the band's lead singer.
Listen to music from Body Count like Body Count's in the House, Institutionalized 2014 & more. Find the latest tracks, albums, and images from Body Count. Their album attacked, in graphic terms, various aspects of racism and criminality in South Central Los Angeles (now South Los Angeles), including corrupt police officers.
Divorced from the controversy that surrounded its release, Body Count's self-titled debut is a surprisingly tepid affair. Apart from the previously released "Body Count" (which appeared on Ice-T's 1991 album . All of Ice-T's ed lyrics fall far short of the standard he established on his hip-hop albums.
|2||Body Count’s In The House||3:24|
|6||Bowels Of The Devil||3:43|
|7||The Real Problem||0:11|
|11||The Winner Loses||6:32|
|12||There Goes The Neighborhood||5:50|
|15||Body Count Anthem||2:46|
|16||Momma's Gotta Die Tonight||6:10|
|17||Out In The Parking Lot||0:30|
- Recorded At – One On One Studios
- Recorded At – Syndicate Studio West
- Mixed At – Soundcastle
- Mastered At – Future Disc
- Published By – Rhyme Syndicate Music
- Published By – Ernkneesea Music
- Published By – Ernie C.
- Copyright (c) – Sire Records Company
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Sire Records Company
- Manufactured By – WEA Manufacturing
- Marketed By – Warner Bros. Records Inc.
- Art Direction – Robin Lynch
- Artwork [Back Cover Art] – Vic Z.
- Artwork [Front Cover Art] – Dave Halili
- Bass – Mooseman
- Design – Dirk Walter
- Drums – Beatmaster "V"
- Engineer – Bernard Matthews
- Engineer [Assistant] – Eric Stitt Greedy*, Rob Ruscoe, Tracy Chisholm, Ulrich Wild
- Executive-Producer – Howie Klein
- Lead Guitar, Acoustic Guitar, Producer, Mixed By, Written-By – Ernie C.*
- Lead Vocals, Written-By [All Spoken Inserts], Producer, Mixed By – Ice-T
- Management [East Coast Representative] – Mick Bentson
- Management [Managed By] – Jorge Hinojosa
- Management [Management Assisted By] – Steve Stewart
- Management [Tour Management Assisted By] – Al Patrome
- Management [Tour Management] – Charlie Jamm
- Other [Lyric Transcription] – Joyce C.
- Photography By [Band Photograph] – Randy Alexander
- Photography By [Live Concert Photography] – Todd Gray
- Production Manager – Troy Staton
- Rhythm Guitar – D-Roc
- Written-By – Ice-T (tracks: 1 to 8, 10 to 18)
This is the original version that was pulled from the market and later reissued minus the song Cop Killer and changed the cover 'tattoo' from "Cop Killer" to "Body Count" due to negative responses.
Produced for Rhyme Syndicate Productions.
Tracked between September & December 1991 at One-on-One Recorders, North Hollywood and Syndicate Studio West. Overdubs done at Kingsound Studio, Rick Marvin Studio and Syndicate Studio West.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Text): 0 7599-26878-2 9
- Barcode (Scanned): 075992687829
- Rights Society: ASCAP
- Matrix / Runout: 1 26878-2 SRC-01 M153
|9 26878-2||Body Count||Body Count (CD, Album)||Sire, Warner Bros. Records||9 26878-2||US||1992|
|9362-45139-2||Body Count||Body Count (CD, Album, RE)||Sire, Warner Bros. Records, Rhyme $yndicate Records||9362-45139-2||Europe||1992|
|945139-2||Body Count||Body Count (CD, Album, RE)||Sire||945139-2||Brazil||Unknown|
|7599-26878-4||Body Count||Body Count (Cass, Album)||Sire, Warner Bros. Records||7599-26878-4||Europe||1992|
|588||Body Count||Body Count (Cass, Album, Unofficial)||Vivo||588||Romania||Unknown|