TheThe – NakedSelf. Label: Nothing Records – 490 510-2. Can’t love or be loved, can’t touch or be touched and he’s lonely. Another drink, another girl, another life in another world – he’s a phony. Nakedself stands aside from all the other The The albums and it is one of my favourites by the band. Reply See 2 replies Notify me 4 Helpful.
TheThe – NakedSelf. Label: Nothing Records (4) – 0694905102. Format: CD, Album, Unofficial Release. The front cover is a single sheet and the album title is misstated as "NakedSef" on the disc face.
1. Boiling Point Lyrics.
NakedSelf is a 2000 album by the British band the The. It was the band's first album since Hanky Panky (1995) and the first containing original material since Dusk (1993). In terms of sales, it was the band's least successful until that point, peaking at 45 in the UK Album Chart. As of March 2019, it is also the last regular studio album by The The, except for three soundtracks.
KBPS stands for kilobits per second and the number of KBPS represents the audio quality of the MP3s. Here's the range of quality: 128 kbps good, 192 kbps great, 256 kbps awesome and 320 kbps perfect. 5 voted, Please vote. Soul Mining (Vinyl) 1983. 45 Rpm - The Singles Of The The CD1 2004.
NakedSelf finds Johnson with a whole new group of collaborators, all of whom ably acquit themselves. Earl Harvin's hard-rocking, spare yet varied approach to drumming provides a muscular backdrop for Johnson's powerful vocals and the pervading atmosphere of a city's dingy shadows and less-travelled side streets. This isn't an album likely to evoke memories of summer passions. Menacing lyrics like, "The train rises up out of the dark/ Above the boarded up boulevards/ And burnt out cars," probably won't become sing-song choruses for drunken college parties.
Tracklist Hide Credits
Backing Vocals – Brian Kelly, Dorit Chrysler, Lloyd Cole, Michelle Amar
Drums – Brian MacLeod
Drums – Frank Ferrer
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Nothing Records Limited, Inc.
- Copyright (c) – Nothing Records Limited, Inc.
- Record Company – Universal Music
- Designed At – Antar
- Recorded At – Harold Dessau Recording
- Recorded At – Sear Sound
- Recorded At – Greene St. Recording
- Recorded At – The War Garden
- Mixed At – Greene St. Recording
- Mixed At – East Side Sound
- Mastered At – Masterdisk
- Made By – Universal M & L, UK
- Art Direction, Design – Cally
- Bass – Eric Schermerhorn (tracks: 4, 6, 10, 12), Matt Johnson (tracks: 1, 5, 7, 11), Spencer Campbell (tracks: 1 to 3, 9)
- Coordinator [Production Coordination] – Fran Musso
- Design Concept [Sleeve Concept] – Cally, Matt Johnson
- Drums – Earl Harvin (tracks: 1 to 3, 5, 7, 9)
- Edited By [Compilation Editor] – Roger Lian
- Engineer [Additional] – Matt Johnson
- Engineer [Assistant] – Bil Emmons, Fred Kevorkian, Martin Jenkins, Phil Painson, Roger Scheepers
- Engineer [Mixing Assistant] – Fran Cathcart (tracks: 5, 7), Prince Strickland III* (tracks: 1 to 4, 6, 8 to 12)
- Engineer [Mixing] – Bruce Lampcov (tracks: 1 to 4, 6, 8 to 12), Roli Mosimann (tracks: 5, 7)
- Engineer [Recording] – Bruce Lampcov, Dave Lee
- Guitar – Eric Schermerhorn (tracks: 1 to 4, 6, 8 to 12), Matt Johnson (tracks: 1, 2, 4, 5, 7 to 9, 11, 12)
- Management [London For Lazarus] – Cally
- Management [New York For 9pm] – Roger Cramer
- Mastered By – Howie Weinberg
- Mixed By – Matt Johnson (tracks: 5, 7), Roli Mosimann (tracks: 5, 7)
- Music By – Eric Schermerhorn (tracks: 1, 3, 6, 8, 10, 12), Matt Johnson
- Other [Matt Johnson's Guitars Customised By] – Bill Puplett
- Photography By [Front And Back Photos] – Ellis Parrinder
- Photography By [Main] – Cally, Matt Johnson
- Photography By [Portrait Photo] – Johanna St. Michaels
- Producer – Bruce Lampcov, Matt Johnson
- Words By, Vocals – Matt Johnson
NotesAlthough the stamped text in the mould area of the CD states that the pressing plant is PMDC, UK, given the year of release the actual manufacturer is Universal M & L, UK.
Art Direction and Design at Antar.
Harold Dessau's Recording Emporium
Walter Sear's Sound
Green Street Studios
The War Garden
Green Street Studios
Mastered at Masterdisk Corp.
Dedicated to Mum.
℗ 1999 Nothing Records Limited, Inc.
© 1999 Nothing Records Limited, Inc. A Universal Music Company.
Made in the EU
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 6 06949 05102 0
- Rights Society: BIEM / MCPS
- Label Code: LC 06406
- Other (Distribution Code): UN900
- Matrix / Runout (Stamped mould text (Variant 1)): MADE IN THE UK BY UNIVERSAL M&L
- Matrix / Runout (Stamped mould text (Variant 2)): MADE IN THE UK BY PMDC
- Matrix / Runout: 4905102 01 6
- Mastering SID Code (Variant 1 & 2)): IFPI L136
- Mould SID Code (Variant 1): IFPI 04D1
- Mould SID Code (Variant 2): IFPI 0470
|0694905102||TheThe*||NakedSelf (CD, Album)||Nothing Records||0694905102||US||2000|
|0694905102||TheThe*||NakedSelf (CD, Album, Unofficial)||Nothing Records||0694905102||Russia||2000|
|0694905102||TheThe*||NakedSelf (CD, Album)||Nothing Records||0694905102||Canada||2000|
|490 510-2||The The||NakedSelf (CD, Album, Sli)||Nothing Records||490 510-2||Europe||2000|
|none||The The||NakedSelf (CDr, Album, Promo)||Interscope Records, Polydor||none||France||2000|