Downtown Train is a compilation album released by Rod Stewart in March 1990 (see 1990 in music). It was a US only release by Warner Bros. Records (WEA 926 158-1/2). The album is made up of twelve tracks from the previously released Storyteller Anthology. The album is skewed toward the more recent period of Rod’s career, most of the songs dating after 1980. Included, however, is Stay with Me, a contemporary sounding song from 1971.
Downtown Train is a 12-track distillation of Rod Stewart's four-disc box set, but instead of containing early hits, it concentrates on '80s singles like "Passion," "Young Turks," "Infatuation," "People Get Ready," and "Forever Young," adding a few '70s songs ("Stay with Me," "Tonight's the Night," "Killing of Georgie," "I Don't Want to Talk About It") and. the new hit single "Downtown Train" for good measure.
Complete your Rod Stewart collection. The Killing Of Georgie (Part I And II).
Download and listen free to Rod Stewart - Downtown Train. Download MP3 or another format to your phone or computer. Download for free and listen to Rod Stewart - Downtown Train. We have song's lyrics, which you can find out below. Org R Rod Stewart.
Stewart told The Guardian, April 19, 2013, that when he hears the right song, he looks for the way to make it a Rod Stewart song. For instance," he explained, "I'm sure Tom Waits wouldn't mind me saying this - Tom's 'Downtown Train,' I realized there was a melody there in the chorus, and it's beautiful, but he barely gets up and barely gets down to the lower notes, so I took it to the extreme. That was a case where I brought the chorus alive and there have been a couple like that
Rod Stewart - Downtown Train. Album: The Definitive Rod Stewart, 2008. Has been played on. United States 388.
Rod Stewart - Downtown Train (Remastered Album Version). Download MP3. MP3 256Kbps, . 5 Mb MP3 64Kbps, . 4 Mb. 5 Mb. Rod Stewart.
Tracklist Hide Credits
Producer – Trevor HornWritten-By – Tom Waits
|B||The Killing Of Georgie (Part I And II)
Producer – Tom DowdWritten-By – R. Stewart*
- Published By – Warner Chappell Music Ltd.
- Published By – Cardinal Music Ltd.
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – WEA Records B.V.
- Copyright (c) – WEA Records B.V.
- Record Company – Warner Communications
- Manufactured By – Record Service
- Distributed By – WEA Records Ltd.
- Made By – WEA Musik GmbH
- Pressed By – Record Service Alsdorf
- Photography By – Nick Elgar
- Sleeve – Ryan Art
NotesMade in Germany
A: ℗ 1989 © 1990
Warner Chappell Music Ltd.
B: ℗ 1989
Cardinal Music Ltd. (Carlin)
A side from the album 'The Best Of Rod Stewart' ℗ 1989 © 1990, B side from the Anthology 'Storyteller', ℗ 1976 © 1990
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Printed on Sleeve): 0 7599-22647-7 8
- Barcode (Printed on Labels): 0 7599-22647-7
- Barcode (Scanned): 075992264778
- Rights Society: GEMA / BIEM
- Label Code: LC 0392
- Matrix / Runout (Label Side A): 922 647-7/A
- Matrix / Runout (Label Side B): 922 647-7/B
- Matrix / Runout (Runout variant 1, stamped side A): R/S Alsdorf 759 922647-7-A3x
- Matrix / Runout (Runout variant 1, stamped side B): R/S Alsdorf 759 922647-7-B
- Matrix / Runout (Runout variant 2, stamped side A): R/S Alsdorf 759 922647-7-A
- Matrix / Runout (Runout variant 2, stamped side B): R/S Alsdorf 759 922647-7-BX
- Price Code: Ⓝ
- Price Code (France): WE 171
|7-22685||Rod Stewart||Downtown Train (7")||Warner Bros. Records||7-22685||US||1989|
|2 22685-4, 4-22685||Rod Stewart||Downtown Train (Cass, Single, Dol)||Warner Bros. Records, Warner Bros. Records, Stiefel Entertainment||2 22685-4, 4-22685||US||1989|
|W2647T, W 2647 (T), 921448-0||Rod Stewart||Downtown Train (12")||Warner Bros. Records, Warner Bros. Records, Warner Bros. Records||W2647T, W 2647 (T), 921448-0||UK||1990|
|W 2647, 922647-7, W2647||Rod Stewart||Downtown Train (7", Single)||Warner Bros. Records, Warner Bros. Records, Warner Bros. Records||W 2647, 922647-7, W2647||UK||1990|
|2 22685-4, 4-22685||Rod Stewart||Downtown Train (Cass, Single, SR,)||Warner Bros. Records, Warner Bros. Records||2 22685-4, 4-22685||US||1989|