Complete your The Beautiful South collection.
Choke is The Beautiful South's second album. It was pushed to number 2 in the charts after the release of the South's first and only number 1 single "A Little Time". The album was followed by two more singles, both of which were flops. My Book", which became the band's first non top-40 single, peaked at number 43 and finally "Let Love Speak Up Itself", the last release from this album, only managed to reach number 51.
Their 1989 debut was hailed for reinserting cynicism, doubt, and biting sarcasm into pop music. But when Choke arrived a year later, Paul Heaton and the Beautiful South encountered a good amount of critical blowback. Too clever!" they cried.
Choke is The Beautiful South’s second album. It was pushed to number 2 in the charts after the release of the South’s first and only number 1 single A Little Time. Producers The Beautiful South, The Dramatics & Mike Hedges. Writers Dave Rotheray, Paul Heaton & Tony Hester. More The Beautiful South albums.
By: The Beautiful South (1990, Rock). Golddiggas, Headnodders & Pholk Songs by The Beautiful South. View all albums . Choke. By: The Beautiful South (1990, Rock). 1. Tonight I Fancy Myself.
Band Name Beautiful South. 版公司 Universal Music Group Go Discs. 2. My Book (Album Version).
Choke (released October 1990) is The Beautiful South's second album. Earlier versions of the album, regardless of format, contained only 11 tracks. The twelfth track (appearing.
You can get here Choke Album Lyrics, Tracklist, Videos, Cover Picture and More. The Beautiful South Gold. The Beautiful South Welcome to the Beautiful South. The Beautiful South Carry on Up the Charts: The Best of The Beautiful South (bonus disc). The Beautiful South Painting It Red. The Beautiful South 0898.
|1||Tonight I Fancy Myself||3:24|
|3||Let Love Speak Up Itself||5:03|
|4||Should've Kept My Eyes Shut||3:24|
|5||I've Come For My Award||3:12|
|7||I Think The Answer's Yes||5:13|
|8||A Little Time||2:58|
|10||I Hate You (But You're Interesting)||3:44|
|11||The Rising Of Grafton Street||3:04|
- Marketed By – Barclay S.A.
- Marketed By – Metronome Musik GmbH
- Distributed By – PolyGram Ltd.
- Manufactured By – PolyGram Ltd.
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Go! Discs Ltd.
- Copyright (c) – Go! Discs Ltd.
- Made By – PMDC, Germany
- Published By – Go! Discs Music Ltd.
- Engineer – Ben Kape, Lance Phillips, Rupert Coulson
- Percussion – Jody Kitson
- Performer [The Beautiful South Are] – Briana Corrigan, Dave Hemingway*, David Rotheray, David Stead, Paul Heaton, Sean Welch
- Piano – Pete Wingfield (tracks: 3, 8)
- Piano, Keyboards – Damon Butcher
- Producer – Mike Hedges
- Saxophone – Kevin Brown
- Saxophone, Flute – Gary Barnacle
- Sleeve – Ryan Art
- Trombone – Peter Thoms
- Trumpet – Tony Robinson
- Written-By [All Songs] – Rotheray*, Heaton*
NotesThis is the "Made in Germany by PMDC" version. Another, PDO, GERMANY version exists.
Special price sticker on case.
℗ 1990 Go! Discs Ltd. © 1990 Go! Discs Ltd.
Original sound recording made by Go! Discs Ltd.
Marketed in France by Barclay and in West Germany by Metronome Musik GmbH
INT 828 233-2
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Text): 0 42282 82332 8
- SPARS Code: AAD
- Price Code: BA | 900
- Label Code: LC 7192
- Rights Society: BIEM/STEMRA
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 1): 828 233-2 01 >
- Matrix / Runout (Mould/hub - Variant 1): MADE IN GERMANY BY PMDC YG
- Mould SID Code (Variant 1): IFPI 0180
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 2): 828 233-2 01>
- Matrix / Runout (Mould Hub - Variant 2): MADE IN GERMANY BY PMDC YI
- Mould SID Code (Variant 2): IFPI 0194
|828 233-1||The Beautiful South||Choke (LP, Album)||Go! Discs||828 233-1||UK||1990|
|9 60985-2||The Beautiful South||Choke (CD, Album)||Elektra||9 60985-2||US||1990|
|828 236-2||The Beautiful South||Choke (CD, Album, RE)||Go! Discs, London Records||828 236-2||Europe||Unknown|
|828 233-4||The Beautiful South||Choke (Cass, Album)||Go! Discs||828 233-4||UK||1990|
|828 233-2||The Beautiful South||Choke (CD, Album)||Go! Discs||828 233-2||Australasia||1990|