Tinnitus Sanctus is the eighth studio album by German power metal band Edguy, released on November 14, 2008 on Nuclear Blast. This album combines hard rock heard on their previous album Rocket Ride with elements of speed metal. The album was released in several formats.
Tinnitus Sanctus (2xLP, Album, Ltd, Num, Pic). Nuclear Blast, Nuclear Blast. Tinnitus Sanctus (CD, Album).
1-1. Ministry Of Saints. 1-2. Sex Fire Religion. Tinnitus Sanctus (CDr, Album, Promo).
Picture Edguy's Tinnitus Sanctus as a piece of visual art. Where the band's previous effort Rocket Ride was a caricature of the band, with a big nose, floppy ears and drooping eyelids (Hell, just see the cover of the Superheroes EP to know what I'm talking about), and where Tobias's The Scarecrow was more along the lines of a sophisticated and invigorated painting of beauty and classy refinement, this new. album is more like a gritty, real-life depiction of the state of the band at this point - and it's not a shabby affair at all, if I do say so myself. Nobody else sounds like Edguy, and Tinnitus Sanctus is an honest album from a band that has truly gotten better over the years, and I've never been prouder to be a fan. Get this one if you want your ears to be ringing this Christmas.
Never ones to take themselves too seriously, German melodic power metal stalwarts Edguy (hello, they are called Edguy, not Glory Storm, or some such nonsense) immediately dispel the none-more-gray cover art sobriety of their eighth studio album - featuring an agonizing marble Jesus - with the tongue-in-cheek title Tinnitus Sanctus.
To be sure, there are many cuts that Edguy have provided that still retain their classic sound of metallic choruses and melodic guitar solos, including Nine Lives and Wake Up Dreaming Black. The best song on the album, The Pride Of Creation has the strongest power structure with a great hook and some nice fills throughout the third chorus crescendo. Aren’t You A Little Pervert, Too?! is that fun and folksy song. It strums side by side with lead songwriter Tobias Sammet’s patented humorous, but nonetheless intelligent, lyrical flare.
Loren Gray Breaks Down "Kick You Out". The Making Of Alesso's "REMEDY". Lukas Graham Breaks Down "Love Someone". Poppy Takes The Robot Music Quiz. Lauren Jauregui Breaks Down "Expectations". Tinnitus Sanctus Tracklist.
Edguy (2008) - Tinnitus Sanctus (Full Album). Edguy - Tinnitus Sanctus (2008) Ministry of Saints. Edguy - Tinnitus Sanctus (2008) Nine Lives. Edguy Ministry Of Saints Tinnitus Sanctus. Edguy Dead Or Rock (источник - Tinnitus Sanctus ). (play).
Tracklist Hide Credits
|1-1||Ministry Of Saints||5:02|
|1-2||Sex Fire Religion||5:57|
|1-3||The Pride Of Creation||5:28|
|1-5||Wake Up Dreaming Black||4:06|
|1-7||Thorn Without A Rose||4:46|
|1-10||Dead Or Rock||4:59|
|1-11||Aren't You A Little Pervert Too?!
Featuring – Granato Rambocco And The Killers
|Live In Los Angeles|
|2-1||Catch Of The Century||5:14|
|2-4||Lavatory Love Machine||4:24|
|2-5||Tears Of A Mandrake||7:42|
|2-6||Vain Glory Opera||6:26|
|2-8||Fucking With Fire||4:38|
|2-10||King Of Fools||5:26|
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Nuclear Blast GmbH
- Copyright (c) – Nuclear Blast GmbH
- Pressed By – Technicolor – CAP00434
- Pressed By – Technicolor – CAP00435
- Recorded At – Gate Studio, Wolfsburg
- Mixed At – Gate Studio, Wolfsburg
- Mastered At – Gate Studio, Wolfsburg
- A&R – Andy Siry
- Backing Vocals – Claudia Boots-Zimmermann, Oliver Hartmann , Thomas Rettke
- Bass – Tobias "Eggi" Exxel*
- Drums – Felix Bohnke
- Engineer [Additional] – Miro Rodenberg*, Olaf Reitmeier, Simon Oberender
- Guitar – Dirk Sauer, Jens Ludwig
- Keyboards – Miro Rodenberg*
- Layout, Cover – Thomas Ewerhard
- Mastered By – Miro Rodenberg*, Sascha Paeth
- Mixed By – Sascha Paeth, Simon Oberender (tracks: 2-1 to 2-10)
- Other [Business Affairs] – Markus Steffen
- Other [Tour Management] – AC Dreffein, Jörg Zaske
- Other [Webmaster] – Harmon Caldwell
- Photography By – Alex Kuehr
- Photography By [Live Photos] – Friso Gentsch
- Producer – Sascha Paeth
- Recorded By – Billie Stevens (tracks: 2-1 to 2-10), Sascha Paeth (tracks: 1-1 to 1-11)
- Vocals, Music By, Lyrics By – Tobias Sammet
Notes"Aren't You A Little Pervert Too?!" is a bonus track.
"Avantasia" is a Tobias Sammet's Avantasia cover.
Manufactured in Germany
Some copies came with an autographed card.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 7 27361 21790 7
- Matrix / Runout (CD 1, variant 1): CAP00434 NB2179-2DLT 01 A01 Technicolor
- Matrix / Runout (CD 1, variant 2): CAP00434 NB2179-2DLT 01 A02 Technicolor
- Matrix / Runout (CD 1, variant 3): CAP00434 NB2179-2DLT 01 A02 Technicolor
- Matrix / Runout (CD 1, variant 4): CAP00434 NB2179-2DLT 01 A02 Technicolor
- Mastering SID Code (CD 1): IFPI LR78
- Mould SID Code (CD 1, variant 1): IFPI UGAL
- Mould SID Code (CD 1, variant 2): IFPI UGAD
- Mould SID Code (CD 1, variant 3): IFPI UGAL
- Mould SID Code (CD 1, variant 4): IFPI UGA0
- Matrix / Runout (CD 2, variant 1): CAP00435 NB2179-02DLT 03 OMM Technicolor
- Matrix / Runout (CD 2, variant 2): CAP00435 NB2179-02DLT 01 OMM Technicolor
- Matrix / Runout (CD 3, variant 3): CAP00435 NB2179-02DLT 04 OMM Technicolor
- Mastering SID Code (CD 2): IFPI LR78
- Mould SID Code (CD 2, variant 1): IFPI UGA0
- Mould SID Code (CD 2, variant 2): IFPI UGAL
- Mould SID Code (CD 2, variant 3): IFPI UGAL
- Other (CD 1 catalog number): NB 2179-0-1
- Other (CD 2 catalog number): NB 2179-0-2
- Label Code: LC 07027
- Rights Society: GEMA
|NB 2179-9, 27361 21799||Edguy||Tinnitus Sanctus (2xLP, Album, Ltd, Num, Pic)||Nuclear Blast, Nuclear Blast||NB 2179-9, 27361 21799||Europe||2008|
|IROND CD 08-1544||Edguy||Tinnitus Sanctus (CD, Album)||Irond||IROND CD 08-1544||Russia||2008|
|NB 2179-5, 27361 21795||Edguy||Tinnitus Sanctus (CD, Album + CD + Ltd, Car)||Nuclear Blast, Nuclear Blast||NB 2179-5, 27361 21795||Germany||2008|
|MICP-10790||Edguy||Tinnitus Sanctus (CD, Album, Promo)||Avalon||MICP-10790||Japan||2008|
|none||Edguy||Tinnitus Sanctus (CDr, Album, Promo)||Nuclear Blast||none||Europe||Unknown|