The Seventh One is Toto's seventh studio album. It was released in 1988, and became the best-received Toto album since Toto IV. The title track, "The Seventh One," is only featured on the Japanese version of the album and on the B-side of the "Pamela" single. It was also released on some compilations on a later date. Steve Lukather described the writing of The Seventh One as a period of prolific "one-upmanship" with the band trying to impress one another with their compositions.
The Seventh One (Cass, Album). The Seventh One (CD, Album, Unofficial). I'd argue that The Seventh One is Toto's best work, and I'd be delighted to own it at its highest fidelity. Thanks! Reply Notify me Helpful. Marketplace 0 68 For Sale from €. 9.
Toto attempted to satisfy commercial considerations by loading up the first half of their seventh album with the kind of power ballads that had given the band recognition before, especially songs named after women whose names end in "A" like "Pamela" and "Anna.
The Seventh One is Toto’s seventh studio album. The Seventh One is the second and last album until 2015’s Toto XIV to feature Joseph Williams on lead vocals. He was fired after the Seventh One world tour due to loss of voice attributed to drug abuse. The single Pamela reached number 22 in the Billboard charts. The title track, The Seventh One, is only featured on the Japanese version of the album and on the B-side of the Pamela single.
Toto's album The Seventh One. All rights of these songs go to Sony Music Entertainment. I've always loved this album, it is so solid. To love an album that much from a group that constantly puts out treasure says a lot, one of the best of the best for sure. Thanks TOTO!! Keep coming back around on concert I"ll see you every time. 2 months ago. the best album, 30 years ago. this is really weird but at many points during the album i was unsure if i was listening to toto or michael jackson. the tone of voice, pace and style seems very similar
Tracklist Hide Credits
|2||You Got Me||3:13|
Written-By – Randy Goodrum
|4||Stop Loving You||4:30|
Written-By – Jeff Porcaro
Mixed By – Niko Bolas
|7||Straight For The Heart||4:12|
|8||Only The Children||4:11|
|9||A Thousand Years
Written-By – Mark T. Williams
Written-By – Randy Goodrum
|11||Home Of The Brave
Written-By – Jimmy Webb
- Manufactured By – DADC Austria
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – CBS Records Inc.
- Copyright (c) – CBS Records Inc.
- Copyright (c) – CBS
- Distributed By – CBS Records
- Distributed By – CBS Disques S.A.
- Art Direction – Tony Lane/Nancy Donald*
- Bass – Mike Porcaro
- Design [Front Cover] – Jeff Porcaro
- Design [Illustrated By] – Margo Nahas*
- Design [Original Art] – Philip Garris
- Drums, Percussion – Jeff Porcaro
- Engineer [Additional Engineering] – John Jessel, Sharon Rice , Steve Porcaro
- Engineer [Assistant Engineer] – Duane Seykora, Greg Dennen, Ken Fowler, Mark McKenna, Paul Dieter, Scott Symington
- Guitar, Vocals – Steve Lukather
- Horns – Chuck Findley, Gary Grant, Gary Herbig, James Pankow, Jerry Hey, Jim Horn, Tom Scott
- Keyboards, Vocals – David Paich
- Management [Production] – Ivy Skoff
- Mastered By – Doug Sax, Mike Reese
- Photography By [Back Cover, Inside Sleeve] – Dennis Keeley
- Photography By [Inside Sleeve] – Glen LaFerman*
- Producer – Bill Payne, George Massenburg
- Producer, Arranged By – Toto
- Synthesizer, Programmed By – Steve Porcaro
- Technician [Complex Techs] – Nathaniel Kunkel, Paul Dwyer, Robert Spano*
- Technician [Toto Techs] – Bob Bradshaw, John Jessel, Paul Jamieson, "The Drum Doctor" Ross Garfield*
- Vocals – Joseph Williams
- Written-By – David Paich (tracks: 1, 2, 4 to 9, 11), Joseph Williams (tracks: 1, 2, 7 to 9, 11), Steve Lukather (tracks: 3, 4, 6, 8, 10, 11)
℗ © 1988 CBS Records Inc.
Printed in Holland / Imprimé en Hollande
Made in Austria
℗ 1988 CBS Records Inc.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 5 099746 064525
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 1): CDCBS 460645 12 MANUFACTURED BY DADC AUSTRIA
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 2, mirrored): CDCBS 460645 12 B2 MANUFACTURED BY DADC AUSTRIA
- Rights Society: BIEM/STEMRA
- Label Code: LC 0149
- Price Code (France): CB 811
- Other: CF
- Other (Manufacturing code): 01-460645-10
|FC 40873||Toto||The Seventh One (LP, Album)||Columbia||FC 40873||Canada||1988|
|FC 40873||Toto||The Seventh One (LP, Album)||Columbia||FC 40873||US||1988|
|28AP 5001||Toto||The Seventh One (LP, Album)||CBS/Sony||28AP 5001||Japan||1988|
|FCT 40873||Toto||The Seventh One (Cass, Album)||Columbia||FCT 40873||US||1988|
|14375||Toto||The Seventh One (CD, Album, Unofficial)||Grammy||14375||Russia||Unknown|