Major/Minor is the eighth studio album by American rock band Thrice. The album was released on September 6, 2011 through Vagrant Records. Thrice entered Red Bull Studios in early May 2011 with producer Dave Schiffman. The group had previously worked with Schiffman on 2005's Vheissu as an audio engineer, and on 2009's Beggars as a mixer. Thrice also previously used Red Bull Studios to record their acoustic live EP The MySpace Transmissions in 2007.
Opener "Yellow Belly" kicks Major/Minor off as if it means to continue with a thick rock riff in the Tom Morello vein while Dustin Kensrue directs his anger at what is presumed to be a domestic abuser: "You're less than half a man, yellow belly and crimson hands. Kensrue's religious faith is prominent in his lyrics, having been somewhat played down on recent albums, and tracks like "Treading Paper" and "Listen Through Me" find him at his most inspired, lyrically and vocally.
Major/Minor is Thrice’s 8th studio album, released September 6, 2011. It was the first record since Vheissu where Thrice had used an outside producer (Dave Schiffman) and was the last studio album released before their two-and-a-half-year hiatus. While writing the album, Ed and Riley’s dad passed away from cancer, Teppei’s mom passed away from cancer, and Dustin’s dad was fighting cancer. That grief is captured in songs like Blur , and Dustin’s hope in songs like.
Thrice – Major/Minor. Label: Vagrant Records – VR686. Producer, Recorded By, Mixed By – Dave Schiffman. Vocals, Guitar, Written-By, Band – Dustin Kensrue. Included download card for entire album in MP3 format.
Thrice – Major/Minor (2011). Posted by NewAlbumReleases. net On September - 18 - 2011. Style: Alternative rock. Format: MP3 320Kbps FLAC. FLAC: turbobit: download.
Thrice Major Minor Vagrant Records Album Stream. Released by: Vagrant Records. Album release date: 20 September 2011. This playlist has no tracks. Albums from this user.
Major/Minor is the seventh studio recording (and eighth studio album release) by the American rock band Thrice. Major/Minor was initially released in a double LP vinyl record format on September 6, 2011 through Vagrant Records. Two weeks later, on September 20 in the US and September 19 in the UK, Major/Minor was. released in CD and digital download formats.
About Major/Minor album. Album Major/Minor (2011). Label Vagrant Records. Eddie Breckenridge, Riley Breckenridge. Eric Stenman, James Musshorn.
Major/Minor is the seventh studio album released by the American rock band Thrice. When Thrice presented Schiffman with the demos they had been working on, his initial reaction was that the group was trying to make a grunge album.
|B2||Call It In The Air||4:31|
|C2||Words In The Water||6:18|
|D1||Listen Through Me||4:33|
- Recorded At – Red Bull Studios, Los Angeles, CA
- Recorded At – New Grass Studios
- Copyright (c) – Kings Upon The Main
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Vagrant Records, LLC.
- Copyright (c) – Vagrant Records, LLC.
- Mastered At – Trutone Mastering Labs
- Art Direction, Design, Artwork – Jordan Butcher
- Bass Guitar, Band – Eddie Breckenridge
- Booking [European & Austrailian Booking] – Steve Strange
- Booking [North American & Japanese Booking] – Andrew Ellis
- Drums, Band – Riley Breckenridge
- Engineer [Assistant] – Eric Stenman, James Musshorn
- Guitar, Recorded By [Additional], Band – Teppei Teranishi
- Legal [Legal Representation] – Scott Bradford
- Management – Ken O'Leary
- Management [Business] – Nick Ben-Meir
- Mastered By – Howie Weinberg
- Music By – Thrice
- Producer, Recorded By, Mixed By – Dave Schiffman*
- Vocals, Guitar, Written-By, Band – Dustin Kensrue
NotesLimited edition of 1,500 on yellow marbled (sold as Amber-Yellow online) vinyl; packaged in a gatefold sleeve with artist notes on printed inner sleeves and lyric insert. Included download card for entire album in MP3 format
Recorded at Red Bull Studio (Los Angeles, CA)
Additional recording at New Grass Studios
Management by Ken O'Leary at Relentless Artist Management
North American & Japanese booking by Andrew Ellis at Paradigm Agency / European & Australian Booking by Steve Strange at X-Ray Touring
All Song © Kings Upon The Main (ASCAP)
℗ & © 2011 Vagrant Records, LLC.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 601091068612
- Rights Society: ASCAP
- Matrix / Runout (Side A, Etched): VR 686 A Trutone Mastering NY City 7-11
- Matrix / Runout (Side B, Etched): VR 686 B Trutone Mastering NY City 7-11
- Matrix / Runout (Side C, Etched): VR 686 C Trutone Mastering NY City 7-11
- Matrix / Runout (Side D, Etched): VR 686 D Trutone Mastering NY City 7-11
|VR685||Thrice||Major/Minor (CD, Album)||Vagrant Records||VR685||US||2011|
|VR685||Thrice||Major / Minor (CD, Album)||Vagrant Records||VR685||Europe||2011|
|VR686||Thrice||Major/Minor (2x12", Album, Ltd, Cle)||Vagrant Records||VR686||US||2011|
|none||Thrice||Major/Minor (CD, Album, Promo, Adv)||Vagrant Records||none||US||2011|
|VR685||Thrice||Major/Minor (CD, Album)||Vagrant Records||VR685||Australia||2011|