Endless Wire is the eleventh and most recent studio album by the English rock band the Who; it was released on 30 October 2006 in the UK through Polydor Records and the following day in the US by Universal Republic. It was their first new album of original material in 24 years following the release of It's Hard in 1982. The album was originally to be released in early 2005 under the working title WHO2.
The Who - Endless Wire (2006). Update Required To play the media you will need to either update your browser to a recent version or update your Flash plugin.
The Who - Endless Wire (Full Album). The Who. Лицензиар: "UMG (от лица компании "Geffen"); Warner Chappell, UMPI, UMPG Publishing, CMRRA, Spirit Music Publishing, ARESA, BMG Rights Management, PEDL" и другие авторские общества (4). Купить в Google Play. You Stand By Me. Исполнитель.
The Who retired following their 1982 farewell tour but like Frank Sinatra's frequent retreats from the stage, it was not a permanent goodbye. Seven years later, the band - Pete Townshend, Roger Daltrey and John Entwistle; that is, Keith Moon's replacement Kenny Jones wasn't invited back - embarked on a reunion tour, and ever since then the band was a going concern.
The Who. Endless Wire (2xCD + DVD + Album). Universal Republic Records. Released 2006. Endless Wire Tracklist. 2. A Man In A Purple Dress Lyrics. 3. Mike Post Theme Lyrics. 4. In The Ether Lyrics.
Pictures, videos, biodata, and files relating to Endless Wire (The Who album) are also acceptable encyclopedic sources.
The Who are more prone to these allegations than most, having famously decried the horrors of being old from their very beginning. Now 20 years past the release of a record called Who's Last, and four years after the 2002 death of bassist John Entwistle, the band's continued existence seems feeble on paper. The first half of the record is everything one fears from a museum-piece band an entire generation past its prime: rehashes of old hits, preachy, creaky acoustic numbers, the noticeable absence of deceased contributors.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|2||A Man In A Purple Dress||4:14|
|3||Mike Post Theme
Drums – Pete Townshend
|4||In The Ether||3:35|
|5||Black Widow's Eyes
Drums – Zak Starkey
|6||Two Thousand Years
Violin, Viola – Pete Townshend
|7||God Speaks Of Marty Robbins||3:26|
|8||It's Not Enough
Acoustic Guitar – Jolyon DixonBass – Stuart RossKeyboards – Rachel FullerWritten-By – Fuller*
|9||You Stand By Me||1:36|
|Wire & Glass - A Mini-Opera|
|11||Pick Up The Peace||1:28|
Cello – Vicky MatthewsOrchestrated By [Chamber Strings] – Pete TownshendOrchestrated By [Supervised By] – Rachel FullerViola – Ellen BlairViolin – Brian Wright, Gill Morley
|15||Fragments Of Fragments||2:23|
|16||We Got A Hit||1:18|
|17||They Made My Dream Come True||1:13|
|19||Tea & Theatre||3:24|
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Polydor Ltd. (UK)
- Copyright (c) – Polydor Ltd. (UK)
- Manufactured By – Microservice Tecnologia Digital da Amazônia Ltda.
- Distributed By – Microservice Tecnologia Digital da Amazônia Ltda.
- Artwork By [Design & Art Direction] – Richard Evans
- Backing Vocals – Billy Nicholls (tracks: 10, 11, 14), Simon Townshend (tracks: 10, 11, 14)
- Bass – Pino Palladino (tracks: 10, 11, 14, 16 to 18)
- Drums – Peter Huntington (tracks: 8, 10, 11, 14, 16 to 18)
- Electronics [Electronic Music] – Ball* (tracks: 1, 15)
- Engineer [Additional] – Bob Pridden, Sean Witt
- Engineer [Recording] – Bob Pridden, Matt Hay, Paul Ramsey
- Engineer [Senior] – Myles Clarke
- Engineer [Technical] – Darren Westbrook, Lincoln Fong
- Guitar – Pete Townshend
- Mastered By – Ian Cooper
- Organ [Hammond] – John 'Rabbit' Bundrick* (tracks: 10, 11, 18)
- Performer [All Other Instruments], Mandolin, Banjo, Drum Programming – Pete Townshend
- Producer [Roger Daltrey's Vocals] – Billy Nicholls, Bob Pridden
- Producer, Mixed By – Pete Townshend
- Technician [Guitar] – Alan Rogan
- Technician [Rebalanced & Finalised By] – Myles Clarke
- Vocals [Lead Vocals] – Roger Daltrey
- Written-By – Lawrence Ball (tracks: 1, 15), Townshend*
NotesRecorded discontinuously at Pete Townshend's home studio and at Eel Pie Oceanic Studios, Twickenham between autumn 2002 and Summer 2006.
Mixed by Pete Townshend between performances on The Who's 2006 European tour. Rebalanced and finalised by Myles Clarke. Mastered by Ian Cooper at Metropolis Mastering, London.
Tracks 10 to 19 are part of the mini-opera "Wire & Glass" directly based on the unfolding novella of "The Boy Who Heard Music" written by Pete Townshend on his weblog.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 6 02517 09147 4
|1709147||The Who||Endless Wire (CD, Album, Sup)||Polydor||1709147||Europe||2006|
|B000784502||The Who||Endless Wire (CD, Album)||Universal Republic Records||B000784502||Canada||2006|
|none||The Who||Endless Wire (CDr, Album, Promo)||Polydor||none||France||2006|
|1712655||The Who||Endless Wire (CD, Album, Unofficial)||Polydor||1712655||Unknown|
|B0007845-01||The Who||Endless Wire (2xLP, Album)||Universal Republic Records||B0007845-01||US||2006|